Need Some Advice: Sporadic Jaw Pain and Tinnitus Levels — TMJ?

Discussion in 'Support' started by ryand, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Maybe Dec 2015 - the buzz was low prior
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diet or TMJ Jaw Inflammation and Clenching??
      Hi there. I'm having a pretty shitty day. I got a ortho splint for TMJ, wearing it for 2 months, and went to a Cervical Chiro who straightened some things out. Now I have moments it almost goes away but then come backs high pitch in both ears, numb face, and pulling around my ears, I'm more used to the sound, the pain is so sporadic its so hard to get use too but I'm managing.

One of the triggers seems to be sleeping on my side after having a few drinks. The alcohol which relaxes and diminishes my T seems to make me sleep out cold and I usually sleep my side and probably stay in one position for the whole night, I've thought about video recording myself. After that I can tell in the morning it's going to be a loud day. Also, during a "spike" I get slightly blurry vision in my left eye, the side T is louder.

The other Trigger is sitting at my computer for 3+ hrs prob with my next in some position that's night right.

My goal is to find out why my jaw is hurting and what could a do to maybe relax it?? The T sound is secondary to the pain and discomfort.

Thanks for any advice. :]

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Maybe Dec 2015 - the buzz was low prior
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diet or TMJ Jaw Inflammation and Clenching??
      Answering my own post here. lol. Things have gotten better, my night time orthodontist retainer splint needed to be adjusted and having success conquering inflammation after going Gluten light. Take care. Neck is feeling free, loose and better. I'm hopeful today.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @ryand,
      Great to hear you are doing better with your mouth splint.
      A soft diet can help and some jaw physio too!

Sleeping on your back is better with 2-3 pillows and helps relieve jaw joint pressure...
      Nice to here your doing better....lots of love glynis

4. Phat Tuna

Phat Tuna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hygienist
      This is so nice to here. I'm in the process of getting a mouth splint made for my TMJ. Praying it helps like it helped you.

5. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      What splint are you getting, a night guard or what if those fancy ones from an LVI dentist...?