Need Some Help & Advice (Sometimes Experiencing High-Pitched Tinnitus Above My Chronic Tinnitus)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Daveyrvancleef, May 12, 2016.

1. Daveyrvancleef

Daveyrvancleef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      Hello!

I have tinnitus since 2000 and it's high pitched.
      Sometimes, once a week, I'm experiencing a high pitched tone above my chronic tinnitus.

The internet says it's due to the dying of hair cells, because of the process of ageing.
      Lately I have been experiencing this 'phenomenal' 7 times a day.

Should I worry and call my doctor?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Did you hurt your neck at some point? I get little weird spikes of tinnitus on top of my regular tinnitus. I think it's due to neck injury when I was hit by a car.
      Don't worry, but call your doctor and see if there's anything going on for sure. However, don't be discouraged if they don't have a 'cure' for you. At least you don't have a bigger issue going on.
      Ricardo

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daveyrvancleef

Daveyrvancleef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      Hey Ricardo, Thanks for your answer!

Those weird spikes you are talking about, will they come when you have a bad posture, like sitting in front of a computer for a few hours and looking down at the screen or similar situations?

The reason I don't want to worry is because when I'm having a really really really bad posture, I also get a weird spike.
      Therefore I was thinking about a connection between the neck/jaw/muscle and those weird spikes.

BTW the level of stress is higher due to school and muscle tension around neck due to body weight training.

4. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, to everything.
      I don't know exactly which posture causes it to go off. I know for sure that if I tuck my chin, look up, or turn my head it will get louder. If I strain my neck muscles (aka sternocleidomastoid) it gets louder. Apparently, this is very common in the tinnitus world. However, I don't think that's it's actually very common. I have 3 brothers, a sister, my mom and my boss all have tinnitus, they all tell me that their tinnitus doesn't change whatsoever. That's why I am convinced that there's something else going on.
      Also, if I swallow, my tinnitus gets louder. Makes eating bread fun lol
      I definitely am stressed as well, I'm moving overseas!

Ricardo

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daveyrvancleef

Daveyrvancleef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      I really hope you are onto something and find a way to decrease your volume.

You are saying that when you strain your neck muscles, your tinnitus gets louder. For how long?

Because when I was at my brothers place, I had to sleep on a inflated bed. That gave my neck allot of pain and within an hour my tinnitus was at level 9000. Since then my tinnitus is on a new level, it went from a 7 tot a 9.

Do you have similar experiences like me? Where are you moving too?

6. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Daveyrvancleef, I'm moving to England :)
      But it only spikes while I'm doing that motion, once I stop the spike stops. I am thinking of maybe getting acupuncture on my jaw too.
      Ricardo