Need Urgent Help — From Mild to Severe Tinnitus Over the Course of a Week

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jkph75, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      My tinnitus went from occasional and very mild to very severe in the course of a week and a half. I just had a baby at the end of January. I stopped taking my allergy med that I only seemed to need while pregnant. I'm not sure how much good it was doing me. Now I'm not taking it because I am breastfeeding. I developed a mild ear infection a week and a half ago and have been on antibiotics since Sat. and Flonase since Tuesday. Each day the noise is getting much louder and louder. I have told my Dr and she doesn't seem concerned. I don't know if there should try taking an allergy pill and some pseudoephedrine. The thing is if I take it I won't be able to breastfeed anymore. Does anyone know what is going on with me? I only hear out of the ear that is infected. I fear for what will happen if something isn't done soon. I can't get anyone to help me.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Child birth can spike tinnitus but it could be your ear infection.
      Ears can take a while to settle down again and the tinnitus itself even longer .
      Try to stay calm and give it time and keep sound on around you if it helps take your mind off your tinnitus.

When you finish your medication get your ears checked again to see if your ears are ok or need something else....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1