New Noises and I'm Scared, Please Help

Discussion in 'Support' started by VickiD, Jun 23, 2016.

1. VickiD

VickiD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No idea :(
      I have t in my right ear for 3 months and I'm literally rock bottom. I have lost sight of my friends and family and I am deeply depressed. The anxiety is crippling me.

I got t after a period of anxiety and loss. Is this possible though? To just get it from stress.

But more recently over a week ago it has moved to my left ear too. I'm not coping very well with hearing now in both ears. Does anyone get a noise like a multi toned accordion when they yawn? Or press on your ear and actually hear the noise like its playing inside. It's terrifying and I have read stories about people's t getting so bad they kill themselves.

I have been having dark thoughts for a while and I just feel no one can help. The noise seems to go quieter in the bad ear but the other has started and I don't know why because it was silent for months.

Please share some wisdom. I'm so scared :-(

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hey there
      Please calm down. I got my T in my left ear only when I first developed it. 3 months later it also went to my right ear. Now I'm having my T in both ears and the head. Believe me, it is not much worse having T in both ears than having it just in one. I'm still struggling with habituating to it since it is fluctuating very very bad.

Do you take any drugs for your anxiety and depression?

3. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      My tinnitus started after several months of horrible anxiety and loosing my mother. I was also pregnant and overly stressed. I absolutely believe it can be brought on by stress. I also have mild hearing loss but they believe the stress and hearing loss in combo kind of triggered the T for me.. It is scary and it is hard but trust me-- it DOES get better. Just give yourself time.. I've had mine for 8 months now and generally live a happy, meaningful life. There are periods when my anxiety gets to me and my tinnitus is louder and I struggle.. But I get over it.. and then I'm okay again and so goes the cycle.. We are all here to help and support you.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. hartje5
      Wishful

hartje5 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4 december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Verapamil, Flecainide, Apixaban, stress
      @VickiD
      I've been where you are. Please get some help from your doctor and tell your family and friends what is going on.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      VickiD

VickiD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you.

I have been doctors and they make it worse by saying to live with it.

I've started taking Kalms. Hopefully they'll help settle me a little bit. I pray for the day it goes. I don't know how I'm gonna cope if it gets louder

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      VickiD

VickiD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Did yours get quieter? And more manageable?????

7. hartje5
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      4 december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes. It is definitely quieter but I'm not there yet.

I've ask my husband to call our friends and have a lot of support since. I really need that because dealing with extreme tinnitus is the hardest thing I ever had to do. I still have al long way to go.

I now take Remeron and since I've been on 30 mg I sleep through the night, every night and that makes a huge difference. I also take xanax, which works for me but is a double edged sword. It quiets my T. down but I in hindsight wish I hadn't started using it. I have to wean myself of and am finding that extremely difficult, am experiencing mood swings and all sorts of strange withdrawal symptoms.

In 3 weeks time I'm starting CBT for tinnitus.

It may sound like I have it all figured out but really, I don't :(.

8. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      You are right about mood swings...I am trying to ween myself off klonopin and had the same crap. I think we should switch to Valium and taper off. Valium is easier to come off of because of its long half life. I will probably call my doctor when the office opens up today about it.

9. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      You may want to get a short prescription for Valium or Xanax. Don't take them for long though. That might take the edge off for a bit while you figure out what to do. Or instead of Valium or Xanax, you might could try Valerian Root first which is a natural supplement. If depression continues, you can get on an anti-depressant or a mood stabilizer. With me, I like Lamictal because it doesn't numb me out like SSRI's. Of course, I may have to get on an anti-depressant soon if I keep having mood swings and fluctuations with tinnitus and trying to ween of klonopin. Here are some other tips that may or may not help:

http://www.prevention.com/health/health-concerns/best-treatments-tinnitus

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. Sandy B
      Inspired

Sandy B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/96
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing test set off
      Hello... Tinnitus Talk inspires me. Thank all of you who contribute. I have, my hearing doctor told me, genetic nerve deafness. Tinnitus he told me might be helped with hearing aids. He told me no cure at this time. That is when I searched for a support forum and found this site. As most of you know The National Institute of Health states neuromodulation is helpful to most people. I googled this and it helps me the most. If anyone wants to try this concept just put into Google youtube neuromodulation. The masking concept helps me to not make tinnitus my focus and I relax. Face tapping, helps me too with endorphine release and positive self talk as the flight or flight concept plays a role for me. So not putting focus on the tinnitus is my goal. The masking concept does this for me too. I feel so much better since I found all of you as a support team. Thank you. Until a cure is found we have each other.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      VickiD

VickiD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Does any of you guys get a tone when you yawn like a multi tone thing that sounds musical or if you put your finger in your ear can you manipulate t and hear these tones inside your ear? I feel like I'm going mad!!

I know how bad my t is by the strength of that tone inside my ears. I know how it is gonna be just by plugging my ears and yawning is horrid. I get this multi tone thing in both ears and it's horrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. hartje5
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      4 december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My psychiatrist told me a lot of people with T can manipulate there sound bij moving their jaw. I can't but I guess you can.

13. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      This could be a long shot but you might can go to a dentist to see if you have TMJ. You can look it up on the internet. Check and see if your jaw is sore first. Another thing you might try is a mouth guard while sleeping. Again these might be long shots at helping.

14. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Temporarily using a muscle relaxer before bed MIGHT help (its really hard to say because T causes can be hard to diagnose) but don't take it for too long. Also, they usually can make you real groggy in the morning with a dry mouth. At least that is what Flexeril did to me.

15. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      It's very common for people with T to be able to hear or change their T noises by flexing their jaw or neck muscles. Dr. Levine, formerly at Mass Eye and Ear noted this when surveying many patients. No specific cause for alarm due to this in particular, it's common.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      VickiD

VickiD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi. Thanks but I don't have TMJ. I've been dentist. I have t that can be heard by plugging my ears and it's easily changed by moving my finger in my ear.

Do you get the t sound when you yawn?

17. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      yeah i can close my ears to hear the tones, then i can change their volume by moving my fingers up down or around, Can also change them with jaw. Hearing is damaged, so it gets information from outside sources and sends it to the auditory part to compensate. Someone explained it like that, with TMJ, but with just your fingers in your ears, it might just be changing air pressure changing pitch.

Look into Epsom Salt Baths use like 3 or 4 cups of salt, soak 40 minutes. And don't try to ignore your T just be present with it...you may find it goes down....or else you resistance to it will go down...or at the very least your body will relax.

18. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      I think most people have T when they yawn. Even if they don't suffer from true T

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      VickiD

VickiD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Why epsome salts?

20. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Natureal source of magnesiums absorbed through the skins, relaxes muscles, and ups your magnesium levels.

• Like Like x 1