New to All of This. I Need Help. Could This Be Permanent?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tamer, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Tamer

Tamer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 nights ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music at a party
      I never go to parties but 2 nights ago I was at a party with really loud music I was there for about 4 hours now I thought I would wake up and it will go away, here I am a day after that night and my ear ringing still here.

I have to say it's not really really loud but i can feel something is not right with my ears in a quiet room I will hear it clearly. My question is could it be permanent or not?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum.

Since your tinnitus is so new and may be related to acoustic trauma, you may want to get your doctor/ENT to prescribe a course of prednisone or other corticosteroids. Members here often recommend new T patients to get this treatment as soon as possible. Here is a discussion thread on this treatment:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads...dexamethasone-others-oral-and-injections.348/

Your T may fade being so new. But even for T that stays, many people do get better over time as you can read about them in the success stories section. Being habituate to T and most of the time they won't hear it unless mentioned. So best is to stay calm and relax as stress and anxiety are bad for T. Take good care. God bless.

3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      The answer to this question is yes, it could be permanent.
      That doesn't mean it will.