New to This — Every Once in a While It Feels Like My Ear Flutters or Shudders...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kara, Sep 27, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Kara

Kara Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 15, 2015
      So my tinnitus started almost 2 weeks ago after flying with an ear infection. My question is this - every once in a while it feels like my inner ear "flutters" or shudders - anyone experience this and what is it? I have the ringing pretty constantly in one ear, but that other sensation is less frequent but weird.

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to the forum Kara,
      It will be from inflammation in your middle ear .
      I would see your doctor as some doctors give you steroids to help settle your ears if early enough .
      My doctors dont but worth a try ....lots of love glynis

3. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It could be fluid moving in your ear or it could be a spasm of the stapedius or other parts of inner ear. Only an ENT could try to find out for you.

4. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I have this too. Mine is triggered by very high pitched sounds. It took me years to realize this. So I put cotton in the fluttery ear and the next day it's usually gone.