New to This "T" Thing :-(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John Meyers, Oct 7, 2015.

1. brotherdday

brotherdday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Joe I love your positive attitude. I am positive at times but can just not hold it. My doc said mine is age related and I will get used to it. I think listening to music too loud in headphones has contributed. I already exercise a lot but have found that my Blood pressure is very high. I just started taking a med for it and I am hoping that reducing it will help since high BP is listed as a cause. If worse came to worse I could live with it the way it is but I just fear getting worse. Just need to keep the anxiety at bay. I look forward to following john and you to see how you do. I really am hoping what you said about the T fading for most people includes me.

John I wish you the best of luck also

2. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      You will get better. The body is designed to return to normal (homeostasis ), u just need to create the environment to do so.

What I want from u is to follow a special diet called the ketogenic diet. Following it will regulate ur blood pressure and should help ur T.

Try to invest in it for at least 6 months

3. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      2 week later this diet starts to give some good result on me (y) I stoped taking trobalt

4. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Awesome, keep on it for at least 6 months. Good luck

• Like Like x 2
    5. papu
      Chatty

papu Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      it can happen, never had tinnitus in my life, not prone even in my youth to loud music as a matter of fact I don't even hear music in my car. Still had an acoustic trauma and tinnitus after it (from being in a open (not enclosed) bar/restaurant for 2 and a half hours with up to 85 db constant music in the dance floor near the restaurant. I did have a nasty throat infection one week before and the theory of my ent is that the hair cells were probably affected by that event *inflammation* and the restaurant thing was detonated the catastrophic event *dead of hair cells* in a situation that otherwise would have not affected me.

6. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @joseph Ghass Hey Joseph your a good dude keep up the positive attitude its very refreshing

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Good luck with the Ketogenic diet. -- That is impressive!

Just going without table salt and sugary snacks has been a challenge but seems to helping a lot until I get bitch hungry. ha ha

8. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Hehe, yeah hunger is a killer!

9. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Thanks Carlos, I hope the keto diet works so I can help others

10. brotherdday

brotherdday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      @DanielN. What does the TRT involve?? I know it is supposed to train your brain not to even notice the T.

11. DanielN
      Woot

DanielN Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, that is the plan. I listen to nearly constant background noise either in the form of music or white noise. I am using hearing aids and you can stream to them via the phone.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Agreed Carlos. A positive attitude is key with battling Mr T.

Also, the Keto diet may not be for me, however, I hear Joseph's posts in my head every time I want to reach for junk food. Ha ha. :)

13. brotherdday

brotherdday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      @John Meyers do you mask at night? If so what do you use? Also do you mask during the day or just deal with the sound?

14. brotherdday

brotherdday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      @joseph Ghass what did you do to sleep in the beginning?? I am so tired by the end of the day that I crash for a couple of hours. But then I wake up and the listening to the sounds and the anxiety takes over. Hope you are doing well!

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I cut back on masking but was doing "white noise" on my iPhone at night and "cicadas" on my iPhone during the day.

Phonak is the app that I use for the cicadas. They actually sound more like crickets and mask out my T perfectly.

In my office area, I have a dehumidifier that I just keep on low. It is rather noisy, however, when I turn it off occasionally, my T seems to disappear.

Please note that some sufferers think that masking too much holds back recovery since your brain doesn't try as hard to block out the T on it's own (habituate).

Sincerely, John

16. brotherdday

brotherdday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      @John Meyers. Hi john, how are you doing? Since you are not masking every night are you just grinning and bearing it? Any coping strategies? I try not to mask at night except for a ceiling fan which is not enough to mask. I find I am getting some sleep (I know only because I remember some dreams) but I also spend a lot of time awake trying to tune out the sound and do deep breathing to try to keep the anxiety from acting up. I actually had one night where the sound was minimal. Not sure why but it sure was nice. Lol. Hope things are going well!

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm doing good all things considered.

My wife has a soft sound machine on her side. It doesn't mask out my T but is enough to let me sleep. -- I've always been a deep sleeper and I'll be damned if I am going to let Mr T keep me from enjoying my sleep! :)

If you have an iPhone, get the white noise app (tmsolf.com). -- It can be placed next to your bed while you sleep and works great. I was using it for the first month, however, someone told me to mask as little as possible if I can.

Another good app is offered Phonak which has a great "cicadas" (more like crickets) sound. -- It is the best at blocking out my T especially with ear speakers (head phones).

Both of these apps are Free.

18. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      By car or plane?

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      By car. I'm in Chicago and there is one in Louisville, KY and one in Detroit.

20. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      Man, I live in California and if I have to fly to Philadelphia to get into the trial I'd do it!! I just don't want to spend years wondering "what if"...

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello John. I had the same feeling, however, didn't really see anyone on this forum that did the AM-101 with successful results.

Also, you don't know if you will get the placebo and if you do, you will lose the effective period which they say is in the first 3 months.

Seems like most people habituate within 12 months so that is what I am banking on. -- Even those who say AM-101 worked, I believe they just habituated and think it was from AM-101.

Just my 2 cents. -- If you have the time and don't want to wonder "what if", go for it. -- It just wasn't feasible for me..