Noise-Induced Tinnitus from Using Earbuds / AirPods Pro at Loud Volumes?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by New-To-T, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I wasn't affected with the symptoms you mention but heard some people are. My advice is not to try and deliberately alter the tone or level of your tinnitus by moving your jaw as you could make it worse. If this happens naturally when moving your jaw, that's is fine, with time this should settle down. It is a fair bet your tinnitus was caused by listening to audio at too high a volume through your earbuds without realizing it. Earbud, headset and headphone use are common causes of tinnitus, due to people listening to audio at too high a volume.

If I were you I wouldn't use earbuds or any type of headphones again even at low volume.

Take care,
      Michael

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New-To-T

New-To-T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sep 3 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice Induce(Airpods Pro) ?
      Thanks Michael. I have already tossed all my earbuds in the trash.

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Pleased to hear you have got rid of the earbuds @New-To-T. In time I'm confident that you will habituate and the tinnitus will probably reduce to a low level where you will hardly notice it. Providing you do not return to using any type of headphones even at low volume, and be careful of exposure to overly loud sounds I think you will be just fine.