Noise-Induced Tinnitus Switched from Tonal in Ears to High-Pitched Head Ringing/Buzzing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Adam L, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Adam L

Adam L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sporting event (monster truck show)
      Can someone please share any experiences where their tinnitus switched from tonal in each ear to a constant very high pitch head buzz type ring? And did you see any further improvements from there? Mine is noise induced, probably made worse by stress and anxiety. I also have mild hyperacusis. Appreciate any insight.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Adam L,
      Tinnitus is from the brain but some ear conditions and damage to the cochlear or auditory nerve cause us to hear it .
      Missfiring signals can cause head tinnitus and multiple tones .
      Tinnitus can be in one ear or bilateral or in your head and change for a reason or for no reason.
      love glynis

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Very low since2004/Went haywire in 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise in 04/Wedding dance floor and flying(?) in 18
      Adam how has it been going the last couple of months? Any improvement? Very similar situation here where my noise induced T turned into a constant high pitched buzz/ringing inside my head after a flight. Going on for four days now.

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      That's how mine was behaving, but it would kind trade off back and forth day by day.

5. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What's your story John? Where are you at right now?

• Like Like x 1
    6. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An evil quack chiropractor from my church jabbed me in the back with his stupid double pronged thermometer and really hurt me.

Because my back was hurting, I got hooked on ototoxic BC Powders (NSAID) and zapped my ears playing real loud electric guitar, that was in late April.

I instantly got tinnitus, but I was drunk at the moment and didn't really notice it until the next day.

I got really sad and almost suicidal.

Stopped making music.

Then I found tinnitustalk.com

Joining MPP gave me a way to find humor in this.

I also then found out about FrequencyTx and FX 322.

Then I got hired at my dream job, trying to work with shity-nitis is tough.

Then the eye floaters started.

I got tired of their slow asses at the FDA so I started researching FreqTx's technology.

I discovered that a plant substance called curcumin is chemically similar to the active ingredient in FX322, except non-toxic.

I researched the crap out of it for about 3 weeks reading peer-reviewed medical journals

I started taking it in high doses 5 days ago.

I have noticed a definite improvement much sooner than I thought. I am getting 30 min-hour long swaths were it is not really even noticeable. I have experienced what I would call silence for the last couple of days. I actually cried this morning in my quiet living room.

I hope it stays this way. If my theory is correct, I have begun growing new cholera hair cells and possibly regenerating damaged nerves and repairing stress to my hippocampus.

• Like Like x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    7. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wow. I applaud you for your motivation. Dare I wonder do you think it would be worth me trying Curcumin? And if so, at what dose?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm ta
      I'm taking 8 grams per day. With butter. My hands and feet turned yellow.

• Funny Funny x 1
    9. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not.

• Like Like x 1
    10. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not joking. 20180912_153314.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    11. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think I'll pass (for now)

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    13. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lol

14. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's because the curcumin is a deep yellow pigment. Dont be scared.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adam L

Adam L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Smarttone. I’ve been actually doing much better. That super high pitch hiss is still there when I’m in total silence. I’m sitting in my truck now with engine off and I can hear it. But really, LIGHT YEARS better than I was. I did get on and anti anxiety/depression a few months ago. I Walked into a loud bar last weekend where they were doing karaoke, and I Immediately felt uncomfortable in my ears. My left there very quick. The next day I Kinda had some Fullness, like my ears were telling me that it was too much. I’ve been going to the gym a lot lately and feel much better. It really doesn’t even bother me anymore. Still hoping that it goes away completely. But I’m back to live in my life And I’m not scared shitless anymore. I will definitely not be testing my ears in a loud place though that’s for sure.

• Like Like x 2
    16. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I'm taking Tumeric with curcumin is that the hsame thing?

17. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for taking the time to reply Adam. Glad you are doing better. Hope I can get to a good place like you but it's still hard to believe my T got worse after this flight. Although a huge part of me thinks its just a coincidence and my "head buzz" spike is actually stress induced (i was super stressed out my entire vacation weekend). I guess I'll never know.

18. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Curcumin is a component of turmeric. Therefore all tumeric should always contain curcumin by definition.
      I am taking straight curcumin. According to my research, the curcumin is the thing we want. I am taking 8-10 grams of just curcumin everyday.

• Like Like x 1
    19. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I certainly have experienced multiple stress induced spikes. Major spikes. Alcohol calms me down, but it is ototoxic so there is that.

20. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Today my "head buzz" Tinnitus (not my original one ear tinnitus) was completely non existent in the morning for hours. It did not appear until what I believe was around 11am. Yesterday I woke up with the head buzz gone but it began about an hour later as I was driving to work. I am taking this as a good sign, but still, as I sit here tonight with it piercing through my head I can only wonder what in the world is going on.

Any thoughts?

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adam L

Adam L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I think it’s abgood sign. For me the morning is the best after a good night sleep. I can barely hear it. At the end of the day though when I’m tired at my desk, I hear it. Just try not to expose your self to very loud sounds. But don’t be afraid to of normal sounds. My kids are screaming around me every night and I’ve been fine. But that loud bar I could feel. Give it time. When and I hat happened to cause your T?

• Like Like x 1
    22. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      You're still in your first year with t, my first year was filled with ups and downs in th tones of my t. One day it was loud as thunder, the next day it completely disappeared...then it would come roaring back 3 days later. It went baseline after 1 year and remained that way.

Last night around 10 pm my t went completely away, like no sound at all. I stayed up until 3 am just sitting and reading my book. I knew if i fell asleep it would be back... And it did this morning :)

23. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      In August of 2004 was exposed to a super loud sound (an airhorn) that a friend pushed too close to my ear. Ringing began instantly and never stopped, but thank the lord it subsided a few weeks after. After what I think was a year or two at most, the T became non existent, only being able to hear it in the most silent rooms and if i pushed my ear closed to listen for it. Literally a .000005/10 level. Fast forward 14 years later with only a few semi serious spikes in between and me protecting my bad ear most of the time when I'd be in a loud place, it was July 15th 2018. The loudest wedding dance floor you ever heard. I knew my ear was bothering me but what did I think? T hadn't been an issue for me ever, really, and I hadn't experienced a true spike since 2010. Needless to say, I stayed on the dance floor a little too long and ever since that night I've been brought back into the Tinnitus world full force.

Since then, 1.5 months later after really beginning to stress about the spike which hadn't subsided, I soon developed what I believe was a stress induced "head buzz". It was insanity. However, after calming down and relaxing, this would begin to subside. But it's not a happy ending bc as you'll read in my post in Pulsatile Tinnitus, just as I have began doing better (even preparing a Success Story), I have entered yet another, and most darkest phase of this new world of T. The last two nights I've been woken up to PULSATILE tinnitus. Without question matching my heartbeat. Yesterday it went away after I woke up. Today it has not gone down. Thursday and Friday I was telling family and friends how much better I was doing. It was as if God was sparing me. I couldn't have been happier. Now i'm a walking zombie with PIERCING T in and out of my left ear.

@coffee_girl as always thanks for your kind words, but technically this isn't my first year with T

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
      • Hug Hug x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adam L

Adam L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wow that sounds a lot different than mine. I exposed myself to a VERY loud monster truck event in a smaller dome. It was stupid. The next night I knew I screwed up. Sharp sounds cut through my ears and they would click. Fullness etc. Then the ringing, which switched to that buzz one night and never stopped. Coupled with the stress from work, I was on the verge of a mental break down. I guess it’s true that I ears are compromised, and we can never really expose them to real loud sound again. But, just try to keep your mind off of it and exercise if you can. I think that coupled with starting to take some anti-anxiety and depression medication really helped me. The brain is a powerful thing. I’ve since chilled out tenfold since the first couple months it happened, and I know that has helped me recover. I’m definitely not out of the woods, I’ll never be. Just try to do as much as you can to keep your mind off of it, And it’ll probably slowly start to fade like it did before. Stay positive, It’s all we can do.

25. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am about to go to the store today in a few hours, can you please tell exactly the name of curcumin you take, please? Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
    26. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Winner Winner x 1
    27. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm 90% sure my head buzz and current pulsating tinnitus is stress induced, but the latter really is just shocking me bc on Thursday and Friday I was doing better than ever. Upbeat, happy, telling family and friends how my T was finally improving. Then boom, Saturday and Sunday at around 4am I'm woken up to a sound I never heard before. Today it's still lingering. Almost afraid to go to sleep tonight knowing this will keep me from dozing off. Very scary and rough time for me right now guys. I just wanted to get better. I thought I was.

• Hug Hug x 1
    28. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    29. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      John you are very f***ing funny..... your curcumin experimentation is one of the few things that makes me laugh out loud these days. I think you are a bloody legend. Keep it up.

• Like Like x 1
    30. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is far from a success story but if anyone cares to know my "Head/TV Buzz" sound has completely gone away. However as noted in several posts of mine recently, it was quickly replaced with a Pulsatile Tinnitus. I guess I'm destined to be tortured through every sound wave possible wondering when it will subside. Surreal times for me right now. The head buzz I was able to fight. This sudden PT has left me both shocked and close to broken. Today it was on and off which I guess is a "good" sign, but I'm sitting here now suffering, the T piercing in and out of my left ear.