Not Sure I Can Make It

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RDM, Jun 26, 2015.

1. No..but enough about me..not my thread :) and just a bad day..sorry to OP. x.

2. Tamika
      No Mood

Tamika Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One loud indoor concert
    3. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hope u get better x :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RDM

RDM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1997
      Thanks @RaZaH , I did not make it to party unforetunately only cause I wanted to give my wife a break. But I did go golfing yesterday for the first time in years and you're right, for 1-4 hours I did not think about it at all. I find it hard to be at work cause it's so quiet here...but here I am. Monday again....and for some reason my axiety level is down a bunch, I don' t know why. Also, it seems mabye, just maybe, it's a wee bit quieter today....

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Awesome, keep it up ...small steps , every little thing counts :)

• Like Like x 1
    6. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      RDM, any updates on how you are doing?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RDM

RDM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1997
      Thanks for asking @RB2014. Well, I was feeling better but now back down. I don't know why. Always feeling tired and anxious really takes its toll on your body AND mind! I read so many success stories and even though I think thank God, I tend to be impatient so for someone who's only 3 months in 9-12 months seems like an enternity. I don't know if the meds are helping or making me worse. Someone told me people on them ALWAYS say that, it's the person who makes they themselves better or worse...

I've had sooooo many people do the straight honest nitty gritty low down talks to me.

You know, you're killing your wife and kids, your friends etc. I'm surprised I can still come to work and function (barely) and by the time I get home yeah, I'm toast so I can't really get up for anything. Does anyone here understand?

It makes me realize it that *I* have to do it and it pumps me up and makes me think about it and then I get defeated.

I have started my mantra of "I hear it, but it's not important" that IWLM posted about. Maybe in 2-3 months it will make a difference.

I was also wondering, that woman's story someone posted. She got maskers for hers which I was told would only slow down habituation but maybe I shuold try it. That and TRT. Otherwise I don't know what else to do about this. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep taking sleeping pills every night and klonopin every day (yes I know about the effects). But what else am I supposed to do? My wife says stay on them, the doctors know...so.

Alas, the 3 day weekend is upon us and I'm not sure what to do with all that time. It doesn' t matter if I'm at work or at home, it's all the same.

I appreciate all of your advice...I'll take whatever I can get. I feel I'm trapped in this catch22 of A and D and T...Please, I need to get off this ride, and soon!!!!!!

8. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Check you're blood , if you have any deficiencies , maybe zinc , vitamin B and D all makes u feel anxious and tired if there are deficient :) good luck man , stay positive u have kids and a wife I wish I can have :)

9. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most of us have been where you are at. People on the outside don't understand what you are going through. I spent months coming home not being able to do anything. You keep taking meds till you get better. My doctor wouldn't give me sleeping pills and kpin. I only slept for two hours a night for the first 3 months. Eventually you get better. 6 months from now you will post your own success story. Go back and reread all the advice we Gave you on this thread every day if you have to. Do all the techniques mentioned. It takes time but eventually it gets much better.

I forgot to mention. Get this tea
      http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tadin-Tila-Linden-Herbal-Tea-Bags-24-count-0.84-oz-Pack-of-6/32636370

It reduces anxiety/stress and helps you sleep better naturally. I only took this and chicken soup for my first 3 months and it helped. Then I started eating other foods, but still kept with the tea.

The day I emailed you my T was loud and I didnt care. Today I can't hear it at all. Like I said, more good days are ahead.

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RDM

RDM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1997
      I've been drinking Chamomile and Tulsi tea. I put some flower essences in there (my sister is a hippie healer). Man can't hear it at all? After only 4 months? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have this thing in my head where I wake up one day and it's like it used to be. Maybe that's bad too?? Is just WISHING that is goes down a hair bad?
      IWLM says NEVER to measure it. But, I can't help it!

I will grab that tea too. You can never have too much I guess!

Hey, tonight is my daughters softball championship game! So, I'm gonna give that a whirl.

Thanks again @RB2014. When I feel better, I will come out to your place for a beer. Speaking of....does alcohol do anything to anyone's T? Cause once I'm off all these meds, that's the first thing I plan on doing is going on a bender!

Thanks all....

11. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Remember I'm 7 months into this right now, not 4 months. Today, yep cant hear it at all. If I look for it, its there, but once its that soft its easy to forget.

Yeah dont measure it. You can however get angry at it. Tell it to go you know where. Tell it you are mad, tell it you are not afraid. Its a psychological game and you have to win it. Emotions which are the opposite of fear work. You can tell it you wish it would get softer, but don't fear it. T feeds off fear and helplessness. No emotion is good or anger is good.

I don't know about alcohol. My motto is I only drink when its free.

Yes, try the tea. It helps to calm your body down which helps with the sleep, which then helps with the T.

If you want to try an experiment. Take .5mg of kpin at 9am, then at 1pm, then at 5pm. You will sleep that night without sleeping pills. The kpin will keep your body in a relaxed state the entire day and let you sleep that night. The T may or may not drop the next day, but the more you calm yourself the faster you are on your way to getting better. Heck with Kpin I was able to lead a normal life.

You also mentioned meds before about not sure if they are making you better or worst. I have zero side affects from the meds I took. The way I look at it, at worst I will only live to 79 instead of 80, but it was this experience and not the meds that will have taken a year out of my life. Of course, by then we will have many options for stem cell therapies to get me better again so I will be back to living until I'm 100.

If you still doubt you are going to get better, you will see that everyones experiences are almost the same and the ways to get better are the same. Eventually your body gets tired of this and you move on. All the advice I have given you is because I have experienced everything you did and I read like you and I got better. I could have spent years in the same state if I didnt know what was happening to me and I kept worrying about it. My hearing is shot compared to what you have mentioned for you. The odds I would get better are far worst than you. I can't mask stuff like you can. I got better.

• Winner Winner x 1
    12. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Be careful with Klonopin, is all I can say. It's an okay crutch for some people in times of severe darkness. Taking it over a long period of time can give you problems that make tinnitus seem like not such a big deal. Caveat emptor.

13. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Once I started getting better, I stopped taking the kpin slowly. I cut the pills into half, then finally quarters over time. This helped to reduce any side effects of quitting cold turkey. Agreed only take them when you need to. For me it was the panic attacks that I took them for or extreme anxiety.

14. CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      Look at this one:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

I'm struggling also...exercise is key;)