Noxacusis (Pain Hyperacusis) and Intracranial Hypertension?

Discussion in 'Support' started by haha ear go eeee, Aug 19, 2023.

1. haha ear go eeee

haha ear go eeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hyperacusis
      I posted a while ago thinking I had a fistula from an accident. I'm now thinking I have something called intracranial hypertension.

I've had middle ear noxacusis for about 4 months now and have been experiencing weird pressure issues since my onset (crying and laughing makes my head feel pressurized, I have random migraine-like headaches, straining and lifting makes me feel like I'm having a blood sugar drop, my tinnitus spikes, and I get a pressurized head). I've also had issues with my eyesight, it's gotten noticeably blurrier and when I have these migraines, there's a pressure behind my eye.

Last night, I was straining pretty lightly with my earplugs in and I had a sharp pain on one side of my head. That ears symptoms started up again, with middle ear thumping and burning. My head started to hurt and became insanely pressurized. Lying down flat made the pressure hurt more.

I've had no increase in hearing loss, dizziness, or tinnitus. But I'm experiencing migraine like symptoms. Where my head and behind my eye feels like it's going to burst. My vision has been blurry since my onset, but it's gotten a little blurrier since last night. I've also been experiencing weird muscle pain in my shoulders and legs, it feels like bad growing pains. Finally, I also feel really weak, like I have an illness.

Reading on the symptoms of intracranial hypertension, I believe I might have this. I'm going to try to book a neurologist appointment tomorrow. I realize that my noxacusis might get worse, but I absolutely do not want to fuck with my eyesight, as leaving this untreated (if that's what this is) can cause me to go blind. Does anyone here have this? What were the steps and treatments you took?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. SarahMLFlemmer

SarahMLFlemmer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/20/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accutane (withdrawl)
      I thought I had intracranial hypertension too but I had the eye doctor check and she said there was no sign of it. But I've had headaches along with tinnitus daily since withdrawing from Accutane. The first 80 days were horrific.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      haha ear go eeee

haha ear go eeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hyperacusis
      Did you have any weird eye or body symptoms along with the headaches? Did it ever get worse from straining?

I know the eye doctor can see if the eye itself is showing signs, but did you ever double check with a neurologist just to make sure?