Numbness and Tingling in Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zeneth, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Ok, so this is kind of based off of my last post, but will be better written.
      So again, hello, Im Zeneth and im 13 years old.
      About 5 days ago a lifeguard blew a whistle into my ear for 2-4 seconds, the whistle seemed to be 90 - 120 db loud, right into my ear... I was worried it would make my tinnitus worse, but it didnt. Instead, my right ear just feels weird, I dont notice much hearing, or even any, but Im not too sure.
      What annoys me is that in the ear that was blown into (my right ear) there is a weird tingling every once in a while, and it feels kind of numb in the inner ear (not to where I touch it and cant feel it), or like something is missing. My left ear feels just fine, and my right ear just feels off, and its extremely annoying and causing me a lot of stress and anxiety, at sometimes I dont even notice it, but others, Its there and drives me crazy.
      Will this sensation go away? Im pretty certain it was caused by the whistle, but idk if its hearing loss, an overexcited muscle, or what. If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      ~Zeneth

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      *I didnt notice much hearing loss, or even any

3. Steve Hubert

Steve Hubert Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I would be guessing as to what is going on, but, my sense is that there was some trauma to something in the structure but that it will likely resolve on its own. At least I hope so.

4. ShaunR

ShaunR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert + Motorbike
      @Zeneth did this ever go away for you?

I have this and it's causing immense stress right now.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Yes my ears feel better and the feeling went away after a couple months. Tinnitus stayed.