On Behalf of My Mom

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sandra98, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Sandra98

Sandra98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I found this website and figured I'd try to get some help and answers. My mom believes she has vertigo and tinnitus.

She tells me she's been hearing ringing in her ears since she was little. Really not sure what caused it. She was born in Italy and they didn't have the best medical care, she was kind of sickly as a child and had her tonsils out.

She feels as though the medicine they gave her then caused an issue. In the early 1980's, in her 30's, she had a bad car accident, I don't believe she was diagnosed with a concussion.

Speed up to November 2016 she was taken to the hospital for severe vertigo; vomiting and could not open her eyes. Treatment of an anti-vert and anti-nausea we went home. 2 weeks after that she had a bad vertigo episode which turned out to be a heart attack and a stent was placed in a blocked artery. She's had high blood pressure for a long time and type 2 diabetes.

I'm thinking those have some factor to this. I'm not sure what to do and I'm scared. Any ideas on reducing symptoms, treatments, causes? Thank you!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      She could have picked up a virus like labrynthitus that causes vertigo and sickness and tinnitus.
      I would get your mum checked by the doctor and see what medication is best for her and maybe a ENT refural if the doctor refurs her.
      Betahistine,Buccastem,Proclorperazine or Cinnarazine can help the vertigo and sickness...lots of love glynis

Also could be a medication your mum is taking

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sandra98

Sandra98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you! I will look into those medicines and that virus. She's seen an ENT and there are no issue with hearing. Recently saw a neurologist too, they want to perform another MRI and MRA. Much appreciated.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      @Sandra
      There are many causes of vertigo. It can be Meniere's which Glynis is very experienced about. If it happens only sometimes, perhaps it is for reason such as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (or BPPV). I had that one time and I followed this exercise and it was gone in two sessions. Give it a try. Nothing to lose.

New BPPV Treatment - Half Somersault Canalith...