On May 9th, My Dream Will Come True!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fangen, May 4, 2016.

1. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      Hi guys,

Just have to tell you guys, since I am so excited for this!

Without naming anything about where I work or what project this is (probably will be able to google it out of course), I have been working for a gaming company for the past year. I started before the onset of T and it really made me flicker in terms of motivation to go to work when T first started.
      Now I've had T for 6 months (wow, it's been that long already?) and despite all that crap with the ears, on Monday (May 9th) one of my dreams will come true!!!

"What is your dream?" you perhaps ask.

On May 9th, my company will release a game. In there, I will be credited. No, I haven't actually programmed or coded the game, but the project have been taking a lot of my time and I feel sort of that I have done a lot of work for this even if it is not actually creating the codes for it.

Back in 2011, after I lived overseas, I started to wonder why I wanted to do in life (what 22 year old doesn't?) and I started to work for GameStop here in Sweden while studying. Soon I realized that games were my passion and anything surrounding video games. I kept working for Gamestop for 3 years, took a Bachelor's Degree during that time in political science. I changed job once during that time but stayed in the "sort of" gaming-industry. I wasn't at that job for more than a few months before I applied to where I work now and it took a day or two before they called me up. After two interviews I got the job! I was told later that they had a lot of candidates and I am still not sure to this day why they picked me but I am glad regardless.
      I kept telling people during the past few years, what a dream and honor to having your, yes YOUR name in the credits. You leave a mark in a game, that never will be changed. No one can take that credit from you, and even if the game get 20+ years old, your name is still gonna be there.

And 5 days from, that dream is coming true. It feels unreal. And the game is gonna be great, which makes it even more of an honor.
      Conclusion: Don't give up on your dream despite what happens in life.

Take care everybody! <3 Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 6
      • Hug Hug x 3
    2. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Happy for you!

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Congratulations Fangen,
      Well deserved, ..lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you everybody!!

• Like Like x 1
    5. William Oliveira
      Pacman

William Oliveira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Congrats! Really happy for you.

After the game's release, can you tell us what's the name of the game? I love playing games, and would definitely check it out. :)

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      That is wonderful, Fangen! I wish you continued success, and can't wait to hear more about your game after its release.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi William!

Not sure what genre you like, but have you ever heard of Stellaris? :D

@Karen
      Thank you! So far it seems to go great! Will update during the week ^^

8. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      Congratulations!
      I just watched a video and it looks really nice. I like stategy games and astronomy so I am interested in it. I am not sure my laprop is powerful enough to run it correctly though.. I will check this out. It would be the first PDS game I try.

9. William Oliveira
      Pacman

William Oliveira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Oh yeah! I was waiting for that game. haha

It'll be awesome to play a game knowing that someone with T was able to take a role on its development.

I keep telling people that this condition shouldn't change the way you live, nor keep you from doing what you love or follow your dreams. I have T for over a year now, and I do what I love every single day. The day I will stop doing it, it's the day I die. (and maybe I'll keep doing it if there's such thing as life after death, no one knows!)

I wish you all the best, not only for this project, but for the upcoming ones, too!

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's awesome to hear! :)
      I didn't code anything but we all play a role in both development and the publishing part, and it is a great game to have my name in!
      I agree fully with you, on that we should never stop living our life and the way we want! It was rather hard to motivate myself to go to work at the onset of T, and even so now when I have a spike (or whatever it is, I let my hair dresser blow dry my hair and now I am battling my fear and anxiety of doing damage to my ear since the volume has increased). But I try to remember that I feel better when I am at work since it takes my mind of it but sometimes like today, I would want to be home and feel crap and just dwell on my exposure. But I try to go to work despite whatever goes on anyway, I have to remember that it is my dream after all.

I wish you the best in life as well! And thank you <3