On the Road to Silence?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by RWallace, Nov 19, 2017.

1. RWallace

RWallace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunfire
      Hi all, my name is Robert and I'm 26 years old. New to posting on this forum but I have been coming here for support ever since my tinnitus began approximately 2.5 years ago. My tinnitus was caused by a gun being fired inches away from my head. Three to four months of having what seems to be considered loud-tinnitus by many of you (my tinnitus sounds like a freight train chugging along with mixed in hisses and whining noises) followed the incident. I fell into deep depression, lost my job, lost my girlfriend, and lost a lot of friends trying to cope with my tinnitus. Although, now 2 years down the road from that my tinnitus has became easier to manage day by day and am beginning to get my life back on track.

Now... as of today I woke up with almost total silence, or as close to silence as I can ever remember.

It's still there if I really concentrate on it but I was completely dumbfounded. I hadn't changed anything in my daily schedule. Ate the same foods, got the same amount of sleep, exercised... the usual stuff. Basically today made me hopeful.

There is no chance I am expecting it to stay this quiet and expect to hear that train again by tomorrow.

But, I realized today that having hope that one day my tinnitus will finally disappear may be the thing that gets me over this hump in my life. I send good wishes to everyone who has struggled or is struggling with tinnitus. I haven't dealt with it as long as some of you but I can definitely relate. If you are really struggling just as I have never give up hope that one day your tinnitus could still miraculously go away or a cure will be found.

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Did your tinnitus lower?

Tinnitus has torn me to shreds...

3. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That is lovely to hear after 2.5 years Robert. I think T with even some silent days would be much easier to deal with

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RWallace

RWallace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunfire
      As of today it is still much lower than what I have dealt with for over 2 years. Going on Day 2 of near silence. It's still there if I concentrate on it hard enough, but compared to my loud T I have had the difference is night and day.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Let's hope that the near silence stays for good :)

• Agree Agree x 2