One Case and Hope

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Craig1234, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Craig1234

Craig1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 days
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Wax
      I just want to post my experience with Tinnitus in hope that it may provide comfort to anyone who's just started to experience Tinnitus. Let me start by saying how much my heart goes out to those who experience this chronically. I was very panicked when it first occurred to me because it can be debilitating.

The high pitched ringing in my ears started suddenly one night and I couldn't sleep. The sound was so distracting it was all I could think about. The next day I went to the doctor and he saw significant wax in both ears. Unfortunately he didn't think that was the cause of my Tinnitus. After my ears were flushed (and two good plugs of wax removed), I still had the ringing in my ears. My heart sank.

The next day I woke up and the ringing had noticeably subsided, but it was still there. My hope grew. Today I woke up and the ringing is gone (or as faint as it probably was before and I didn't notice it). I cannot tell you how relieved I am that my Tinnitus was temporary. It's my hope that if you are reading these threads to better understand the ailment and how it might apply to you, that my experience may give you hope/comfort. I did not see examples of temporary Tinnitus, as you might expect that people where it goes away quickly don't post back to forums like this.

If Tinnitus is a new thing for you, I hope your experience is temporary. For those facing this longer term, my thoughts are with you and I hope we can get a better understanding of Tinnitus and a cure/treatment.

• Like Like x 3
    2. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      How loud was it?