One Week In

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JosephA, Dec 28, 2015.

1. JosephA

JosephA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to music on an airplane
      Hi everyone. Painful ringing in my ears started a week ago, after I tried listening to music on a 2 hour airplane flight. Pushed my ears over the brink, I guess.

I'm flying home in a couple days and first thing I will go to the walk-in clinic at my health center and start that process.

My dad, who is 70, has ringing and hearing loss but finds it manageable. I am sorta stunned that it came on so fast and at a much younger age. I will blame lots of listening to music and podcasts on headphones every day. I have tried to keep the volume low but I guess not low enough.

Thanks much for everything you have shared on this site, it's really helping me get through these days.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I'm new here too (9 weeks total since start of T) and I know how scary it can be in the beginning (well even now some days). My dad (64) also has tinnitus from hearing loss but doesn't let it affect his life. Remember, it may have been bothersome to them at first too but they have habituated to it now so it doesn't affect them like it does us. Tinnitus can come on quickly sometimes with no cause (or no KNOWN cause) from what I've read. My T, for example started one day out of the blue with no noise exposure, no medication exposure etc. So I've just been doing my best to deal with it and cope.. The first step for you since it may be noise induced would be sterroids asap (at least, thats what I've head here). I hope you find lots of support here like I have! :)

• Hug Hug x 1