Ongoing Spike with Fleeting Tinnitus (Kind Of)

Discussion in 'Support' started by friend74, Nov 6, 2019.

1. friend74
      Doubtful

friend74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Hello,

as I wrote somewhere before, 2-3 months ago I had a worsening of the tinnitus after a visit at the dentist. That somehow didn't really settle down.

However a month ago we had holidays in Italy/Sardinia. Of course I had my ear protection in during the flight. Although my tinnitus didn't reduce in loudness, I did not care that much about it. Then one night (like in the holidays one year before) I woke up with a fleeting tinnitus (peeeep) that won't go away immediately. So I took a quarter pill of Bromazepan to calm down and get back to sleep. That was that. Needless to say that when the week was over back at work the tinnitus was there again in full presence.

And it seems to get worse from day to day now. My wife tells me that it's the same every year with me, when autumn starts, like tinnitus getting louder and me getting more depressed (because of that I would say). She may be right but on the other hand it's not like the volume is reduced by the start of spring... however I have no idea if the tinnitus or the depression is worse.

So at the moment it is very very loud and I'm really getting depressed and I have no idea what to do. Last night I even got fleeting tinnitus in my left ear, one episode followed by another (although not a beep, more like a high disturbing hiss). I was still awake at 2:30 am in full anxious mode. Having a 4-year-old daughter doesn't make the situation better as I feel guilty for not being a good dad with this condition.

Recently I started to take melatonin here and there for better sleep. Maybe this caused the spike?

Can't think of any loud noise exposure (without protection).

So is it the vicious circle of tinnitus and depression that makes me perceive it louder from day to day?

I also have the feeling that after every fleeting tinnitus episode my normal tinnitus gets louder after it. During the daytime my life is more or less hell at the moment and now I'm even afraid going to bed...

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      Iā€™m so sorry. I hope it gets easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      friend74
      Doubtful

friend74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Thank you. In fact it got a little bit better after some surprisingly good nights regarding sleep.

• Like Like x 1