Part of My Tinnitus Stops When I Talk

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jkph75, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I am terrified. Idk what is going on. I have this low sound that comes and goes. Over the last week it has gotten more frequent and louder. Now it is non-stop and louder than everything. 20xs louder than my normal t which is in higher frequencies. Idk what has happened. I had my hearing checked and it is fine. I thought my regular t was bad but it is nothing compared to this. The strange thing is that it totally stops if I talk. Has anyone ever had this happen? It's been this loud for a few days. I'm so scared that it won't stop.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      What happened before this low, new sound appeared?
      My very high frequency T changed to vibrating low frequency after I took two kinds of drugs, one after another, but what do you suspect as being the cause of this change in your T?
      My T got back to its usual self after I took the drug that I've been using for all those years.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I have a very loud low sound that completely stops when I talk. What could cause this?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Idk. I've had it before but never like this. I haven't really done anything. It seems like there is some sort of congestion in there. I hear my heart beating too. When I turn my head upside down I hear all this loud whooshing. It sounds like a machine in there.

5. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Speech frequency is low, so your low tinnitus sound is masked by the speech. Common sense man

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      This sound is lower than that. It isn't masked. It stops. It also vibrates my head. That stops too.

7. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      You have 66 started discussion topics on this page, trust me you are imagining all kinds of nonsense in your head, don't worry about it, try to keep yourself busy

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I'm not imagining anything. I have test results that doctors can't figure out. I am just trying to gain some insight. I really hope that you have better things to do with yourself other than making mean comments to people on the internet. People are in real pain here and don't need this.