People Are Cruel to People with Tinnitus and Depression

Discussion in 'Support' started by SeekIngAlpha, Aug 21, 2016.

1. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      People that are sensitive...studies prove that this shows up at infancy, are likely prone to depression and anxiety.
      They may be smarter than others as well and/or have a deficit of mood altering neurotransmitter chemicals in their brain that predisposes them to anxiety and depression. This brain chemistry maybe conducive to contracting tinnitus in fact. Seems to be a strong linkage if you read this forum in particular. Anxiety is the underlying theme and impediment to coping with it.
      It isn't the crazy people that suffer in a crazy world OP. Rather the smart and sensitive people that struggle with other's ignorance. Plenty of toxic people to go around. Look no further than the two 'leading' candidates to be our next president of the US. Both are selfish liars and cheats. You think they give a shit about what others think about them? So they are the opposite of you OP. Both are despicable and you probably aren't, just more sensitive. Once you realize the true mean level of intelligence out in society, the selfishness, sense of entitlement etc, you will care a bit less what other people think. The problem is OP...finding people of suitable character that you find interesting and share the same passion for the things you like. That isn't easy. Best thing you can do is discard those that wrong you with their toxicity and second, learn to accept people on some level for being flawed which we all are. Its kind of like accepting tinnitus...in fact a metaphor for life really. You may struggle with your tinnitus because you don't accept it as part of who you are. Tinnitus can be toxic depending on your perspective like some toxic people that bother you.
      Acceptance and will add forgiveness is a good thing and generally starts with forgiveness of self.

• Like Like x 1
    2. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      A moving tribute to such a lovely lady. Hard to watch. May she now find the peace she couldn't find on earth.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Hang in there Christian. You can pull thru this my friend!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Jacob83
      Balanced

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I <3 punk rock and metal
      Here's a positive one to counter that one :)
      INBOUND Bold Talks: Jonathan Fields...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      People are Cruel in general!
      and this situation has open my eyes.
      a lot, lot, lot thats why
      you need to be yourself all the time no matter what, never please other people,
      let the bad things go and love everyone around you.
      and dont waste your time on people who dont appreciate who you are.

this situation has change me for good and for worse.
      but it also has showed me who my real friend are and thats a blessing.

6. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      Nothing to pull, my t get worse every 2 months, with new tones, it went 28 times, i lost hearing on left ear, no one knows why, nothin to pull, i pray to die, but as God does not exist that is not possible

• Hug Hug x 3
    7. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      Today I got my new level tinnitus, now it is almost equal in both ears

8. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure

Wow - so many posts saying that people are cruel etc.

I disagree. I think that the majority of people are kind and caring.

Often 'life' gets in the way so they can't necessarily show their kindness in the way that they would like to. Unless you are unemployed, time is limited, especially with a family. Work these days takes up the majority of each day and most people have family matters to 'see to'. Only people who have very little else to do can spend a great deal of time helping others but I'm pretty sure that many would if they could.

I'm sorry that so many of you have come across people who treat you in the ways you have described. I find that some people find it really hard to understand how something that they cannot 'see' can be causing so much grief but, in my experience, they do try and they are sympathetic.

9. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      I have a slightly different view to what you write. I don't agree with the OP either saying people are cruel.
      So will posit my words. Yes people aren't invested in others they don't have a relationship with as people are self involved, dumb and oblivious. People can't possible understand tinnitus unless they have it. I find that even tinnitus suffers can't step outside themselves and understand how many suffer with it. Tinnitus is not the same. Some have it mild and others take their life because their heads rage like a jet engine. Bottom line, can't judge another without walking in their shoes. People are generally more neutral than being deliberately cruel so to me that's an unfair label. People care more about themselves and could care less about tinnitus. I knew nothing about it...I knew what it was....but had no idea of what it is like to live with until I had it. I still can't relate to some of the brave people here with extreme tinnitus. I have great empathy for them however and wish I could help.

10. Mahr
      Doh

Mahr Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably hair cell damage
      Ppl are not bad in general, they just don't understand the full impact is has on a human. It's not just the sound, it's the effect is has on everything, every aspect of your live.

11. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Be cruel back, no big deal, that's just life.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      NO one loves you when your down and out!