Piracetam for the Treatment of (Acute) Tinnitus (?)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Jjammem, Jan 12, 2012.

1. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Cosmic Nootropic seems to have it available still (select “ships from US” in the drop down box):

https://cosmicnootropic.com/products/nootropil/

2. jimsocal

jimsocal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      This is the first time I've tried treatment for tinnitus which I've had off and on for a few years but it's gotten worse this year.

I live in Central America and my doctor prescribed Devincal which is a combination of Piracetam and Vincamina ,a form of Vinpocetine. Interesting because a couple decades ago I took piracetam and vinpocetine as "smart drugs" to improve memory and learning.

Anyway the dosage of this Devincal is 400mg of piracetam and 20mg of Vincamine.
      I'm wondering if this has any chance of working at such a low dose... I used to take 2 or 3 x 800mg piracetams at first dose as a smart drug... then cut back to 1 or 2 a day.

My doctor seems to think the vascular dilation is what is going to help. I didn't ask a lot of questions but I got the impression he definitely has seen some success with this. I'll ask him when I go back because I also have a crackling noise in one ear which he gave me antibiotic drops and allergy pills for and so far they are not working.
      I've only taken the Devincal for 2 days now so have no idea if it is going to work.

I'll report back after a couple weeks...
      How much are you guys paying for 800mg tabs of piracetam? This combo med at only 400mg of piracetam and 20mg of vincamine is costing me nearly a dollar a tablet here. Pretty sure I used to pay about 1/4 of that for 800mg tablets of piracetam back in the day, which I got via mail from Europe or bought at pharmacies in Mexico. But I think Mex stopped selling it, and here I'm prety sure this is the only form I can get (Devincal).

3. Cbush

Cbush Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Age loud noise
      So, does Piracetam help tinnitus or not?

4. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I just ordered a big bunch of different racetams from Intellimeds. They ship from Spain and seem to be reputable.

I took racetams before a long time ago to help with concentration and they definitely did help me focus some.

I'll update this if I discover anything profound but I doubt it.

5. duesseldorf

duesseldorf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Piracetam is supposed to help with nerves/brain function - as I suppose the reason for my tinnitus in overstimulated brain cells, I am strongly leaning towards trying it.

I translated this from a German website:

"Piracetam is used to treat dementia and brain-organic performance disorders. Since the active ingredient increases sugar and oxygen utilisation in the nerve cells of the central nervous system, it is also used for tinnitus and hearing loss."​

Funny how they also use the shitty Ginkgo/Trebonin for dementia, too.