Please Help, Tinnitus After Q-Tipping Because of Fullness in Ear

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Deathtotinni, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Deathtotinni

Deathtotinni Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Qtip and maybe a sound..who knows
      This is my first time post a thread on here but have post a few times on others threads.

A little history about my tinnitus. In September of last year I was in a bad accident and fractured my skull. I was very luck to have not suffered any brain damage but did have a few injuries as one would expect. All of them healed within 3 months...so I thought.

Well other than a fullness and sometimes crackling sound I would hear if someone closed the door in the car to fast or and other sudden loud noise or change in pressure. I ignored it because it honestly wasn’t all that bothersome.

Fast forward to September of this year, I felt a fullness in my ear constantly that would feel a little better if I yawned or lulled on my ear. One day I was working on my Jeep and I thought something something fell in my ear but it was likely just my ear feeling full again.

I used a q-tip to try to clean my ear out and stuck it in pretty deep I suppose. It felt like the fullness got better suddenly which gave my some relief but in the same moment the tinnitus started and hasn’t stopped since. Been to the GP and ENT and they all say no hole in my eardrum and no wax build up. I don’t have any vertigo or anything like that, that I can tell. I don’t understand how I could have tinnitus without a perforation from that dumb q-tip.

I’m worried I have meniere's disease but I just don’t have any vertigo. I have no history of ear problems from when I was a kid and used to have perfect hearing. My hearing hasn’t been great out of that ear since the t started. I can hear out of it for sure but if both ears had this problem I likely would be able to hear people at a distance all too well.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @Deathtotinni ,
      It Could be a sinus issue,
      Try steam inhalation or nose spray and a antihistamine that reduces mucous.
      Love glynis

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Yawning tends to open up the Eustachian Tube. If your fullness comes from blocked ET, then perhaps give this technique a try. It drains blocked ET. Never hurt to try it.

20 Second Miracle Technique for Instant...

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Deathtotinni

Deathtotinni Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well I felt the drainage for sure and I do think it’s my ET that’s blocked but why the high pitching and why did happen after qtiping? I think that exercise is going to help with my ET tunes for sure. Thank you so much for that. I do have some hearing loss in the ear, could that also just be my ET tubes? When I fractured my skull I had CSF drainage out of both ears

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Deathtotinni

Deathtotinni Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have fluid in my
      i also smoke which is the reason I think I have mucus build but it’s just hard to stop, more so now that I have tinnitus.

I also had spinal fluid leaking from my ears because of the fracture. After the leaking stopped is when I notice the odd fullness if I had a change in pressure. I’m going to try steam because I really think that may help.

6. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Have you ever done an audiogram?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Deathtotinni

Deathtotinni Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah I have hearing loss. It’s all been figured out. Trying to get into the clinical trial.

8. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      How much?

9. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      I've been using Q tips all my life and never had issues with T...I use it after every shower because i hate water in my ears. I don't stick it in deep though, and yes i know it is bad to use Qtips so i don't recommend it...its a bad habit. =[

On the flip side, i have never had wax issues