Plugged up right?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Grace, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Hey all here i am with a dumb question.. After all im known for asking dumb questions! But i was just dryin my hair and i put foam plugs in and this
      Time it feels like theyre in right
      But stickin out a lil.... Is this normal?!!! Lol

Attached Files:

2. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Looks right to me Grace but sopposedly theyre meant to go in so far that you dont notice them but them earplugs you have look fairly big so I wouldnt say theyre meant to go in much further.

3. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      Not at all, they have to be inserted deeper in your ears, you just inserted 50% of the plug on this picture.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Ya they are big but they make everything so quiet so idk i guess there workin... Just havin a hard time findin plugs that fit good :-/

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Ohhh damn well guess ill throw these out cause when i out them all the way in they slide out :-(

6. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      The plugs I use are really good really comfortable aswell.They fit into the ear canal perfectly theyre called Quies Les Solos theyre a french ear plug and reduce noise by 35db.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Will have to look at them on amazon. The ones i got are heros extreme 33 db... You think the quie les solos are big also?

8. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      No theyre not big at all you basically squish them until theyre really thin insert them into your ear and give it about a minute.They eventually poof back out making a comfortable and tight fit and theyre not noticeable to other people as they are flush with your ear canal.They dont stick out like your ones do.I bought these in a chemist and theyre much better than anything I got off the net.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Ok cool im basically at the point where
      Im gonna order all types of earplugs
      Until one fits... It just sucks tho cause most foam ones dont fit me and they provide the most protection but
      Ill give those a try thanks :)

10. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Maybe their a bit too big for your ears. Try to find size Small or Medium. If you want to order, then you can try Noizess proguard that has sizes S, M, L XL. They are good and not very visible. Although the stupid filters are red and orange- they should be transparent:mad:

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I thought about gettin them but im im the united states and for some reason they dont sell them on the american amazon only the uk... But thinkin if i get them off the uk one now that they dont take too long to get here cause i gotta wedddin in 3 weeeks ugh. And yeah for what reason to manufacturs make plugs COLOREDD!!! Clear is most wanted... And why dont etymotic make there universal ones higher protection then 20 db?!!! Questions are runnin through my head lol

12. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      find whst suits you best but I advise you to either wear at least 30 db plugs to the wedding or if you want bring two pairs: one weaker and the other stronger. Maybe you can keep your hair open so that it will cover the plugs.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Yeah deff am wearing highest db one that i can find that fits.. And myy hair is gonna be downn thankgodd

• Like Like x 1