Poll: How Often Does Your Tinnitus Make You Wail and Weep Uncontrollably?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bill Bauer, May 19, 2017.

?

How often does tinnitus make you wail and weep uncontrollably?

1. It doesn't

2. A couple of times each month

3. A couple of times each week

4. Every day

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I cried one or two times back when my dad was diagnosed with brain cancer at the age of 42 (over 25 years ago).

It is a good thing that back then I didn't know that watching my dad die over the following 5 years was not going to be the most challenging phase of my life.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I'll be honest here, when i first got tinnitus it was very frustrating and i use to ask my mom if she heard the noises i was hearing. I did question many things and wondered why this was happening. This was when i had a low..not noticeable hiss in my left ear. Over the years it has gotten really bad in both ears and it is what it is. No point in dwelling on it. I just accepted it and live my life. Accepting takes time and some don't, if you accept it and not fight it, it becomes much easier.

Living with tinnitus is cake walk compared to getting of a medication that a clown Dr gave me. It took 1 full year of mental and phsyical pain to get off those pills and the side effects and withdrawls were beyond scary and painful. Once i did get off those meds, i must have slept 1-2 hours a day for 90+ days and it was beyond crazy.

So tinnitus is no big deal for me..

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      I cried every day in the beginning, when I first lost my hearing and acquired T and H. I was so completely frightened and overwhelmed! I feel like I had to go through a grieving process. I very rarely cry nowadays, perhaps twice a year.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. NetroPhil
      Jaded

NetroPhil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Not much nowadays but when I first got it I cried almost every day til I got used to it

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How long did it take to get used to it?

6. NetroPhil
      Jaded

NetroPhil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      A few months. I dunno tbh I was a bit distraught so I kinda lost track of time

Just one day I stopped and said to myself that it wasn't going away and it would get better after a while

• Like Like x 1
    7. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      The events of 2016 rarely leave my thoughts, I am constantly trying to change the past. When I suffered the acoustic trauma I didn't realise the damage that was done to my hearing and it was three months later that it finally hit me. I did cry then outwardly but now I cry inwardly 24/7.
      I still cannot believe all the things that happened in 2016, absolutely mind blowing yet all self inflicted!

8. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      For the most part I stay busy and my T fades into the background. When not busy try to keep music or nature sounds to blend with it so its not so annoying. As time goes by you make small changes and adjustments to protect your ears and go back to life pretty close to what it was. I have friends with serious health problems so we can handle the T......

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    9. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      When I spend time in quite rooms I tend to cry and panic. I used white noise machine in my bed room it helped me last 2weeks. But Now I feel I got used to white noise and hear my T again over the top of white noise or fan. 2weeks back that was not the case. That makes me cry and weep a lot. I avoid silent places but can't avoid bedroom. It feels quite even with whitenoise and fan.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      I think I have cried only once since I got tinnitus, and not sobbing at all. I have had chronic pain for 2 years and that condition had already made me weep for so long that I no longer have any tears.

• Hug Hug x 2
    11. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      May I ask if the pain is related to muscular tensions?

• Creative Creative x 1
    12. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I don't recall to have wept. But I do reflect quite a lot over how I am, more or less, inevitable doomed. Not exactly a level headed reaction.

13. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      I’ve cried with fear. I’ve had T since 1992!!!! It’s changed, gone to both ears with several different noises. I’ve had a breakdown from the anxiety and panic it’s caused me. I can’t believe everything has fallen apart in only six weeks. So scared and it’s taken over my life again. I have hearing loss but it just changed over a couple of days. I thought I was strong but now I’m not.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      I'm sorry you had to go through that with dad even if it was 25 years ago, I lost a aunt to brain cancer. I have never cried over my tinnitus and severe hearing loss.

15. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      I do not have a diagnosis. Most likely I just have really screwed nerves and probably a bad back.

16. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      An added response could be "It doesn't...anymore".

• Agree Agree x 2
    17. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Going to the gym fixes most backs, but won't work if the tensions run very deeply and have had time to settle.

Combining with Yoga is likely to have an impact, though. But you'll need to sidestep the gymnastics and focus on the relaxation applications.

A short cut:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/meditation-practice-to-deal-with-tinnitus-suffering.8165/

(In hindsight, the post is written so-so and too preachy, but the info in itself holds up)