Praying for Manchester

Discussion in 'Support' started by hopeforme, May 23, 2017.

1. hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ear infection/noise
      I'm sure most of you have heard of the event that took place in Manchester with Ariana Grande's concert. I deeply feel sorry for all the families hurt by this.

A part of me thought... maybe not going to concerts isn't that bad anymore. I've never been a concert person but the bombings are terrifying. Such a sad cruel world... a reminder we can only take things one day at a time to enjoy the moment. Just had to get this off my chest.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      Terrible indeed. One survivor who was blowen 30 foot by the blast was talking on BBC news. Said his ears are still ringing. I wonder does he realise that might never go away.
      Lucky too be alive after surviving that though, others were not as lucky.

Sad times.

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ear infection/noise
      I thought of this too :(

4. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      At times like this, I often think of the "injured" category and how many people will have gotten T from the blast. Such a grossly underreported condition. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    5. NimQ
      Alienated

NimQ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011, got worse 09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      From the hearing loss and tinnitus perspective, I really hope the victims are helped with both. There are already way too many devastating effects of the bombing, so I am wishing the people do not have to carry muffled hearing and eternal ringing as a memory of it. In other words, the public health system really could step in and screen the hearing of those who were near to the explosion and also treat everyone who got tinnitus from it. HBOT, Prednisone... whatever helps that individual's case (and as we know, time is of the essence here - the quicker treatment the better). Just a thought! There are more critical injuries and things need to prioritized, but this could also be looked into, so no one has to suffer from this condition because of the horrible crime committed against them.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. DoNotGoGentle

DoNotGoGentle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/15 got worse 11/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earbuds, inner ear infection NHL and high frequency loss
      Every War film documentary that I have ever seen never has never talked about tinnitus. From solders, civilians, and kids no one talks about hearing loss. I wonder how many people have tinnitus and hearing loss from Boston attack? It is an invisible so no one talks about it. I think of Wars going in the world today. Child soldiers in Congo. Also people should know about the UN team that was killed by war lords in Congo the UN mission was to ask the war lords to stop using child soldiers. They were asking for trouble that did not stop them. We are only on this earth a little bit and then off to the next ride. Peace Love and Hope will Win!

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Do you have a link to the video? I hope they get the help they need.

8. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      so sad, there are no words to express this tragedy

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      When survivor and witness accounts mentioned loud blasts, the first thing I thought of was the possibility of hearing damage, especially considering the fact that these people just left a concert. Hours-long exposure to loud music immediately followed by short-term exposure to a bomb going off can be a recipe for disaster. I hope the injured find the help they need, whether their wounds are visible or not.

As for those who died, my heart breaks for them especially for the children. I know the world isn't fair but it still hurts when we see proof of it everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. MidnightOilAudio
      Ape-like

MidnightOilAudio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      • Informative Informative x 2
    11. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016