Prednisone and Fluticasone

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rina, Mar 24, 2015.

1. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      A few times a year I take 40mg a day of Prednisone as a follow up from IV Prednisone for Asthma. When on these pills, when my heart races and my breathing gets fast, I take Benadryl and Ativan, also make sure I don't miss my Verapamil for BP. All three of these help me chill out from the Prednisone rush.
      Prednisone side effects can be wild and crazy. This is what I do, it works for me. I'm not recommending what medical treatment anyone should do.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      @NiNyu it is loud but the ear plugs they offer you (foam) are ok... They also out 2 pads on top of them on the side os each ear... Maybe the sounds of the machine calm down the T... Actually personally I did not find it so loud.... It was ok. @Stink

3. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 but cured and relapsed from benzos
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      If you go to mri without industrial ear muffs protection you have good
      changes for more damage. MRI noise is very loud.
      Your temporary improvement was from diazepam not mri noise.

4. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      @Rina it was probably residual inhibition combined with the benzo.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
    6. physics13
      In pain

physics13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      I am handicapped and disabled now from this horrific hearing loss and unable to work or study mathematics. I think prednisone is helping but you have to watch out for high blood sugar, diabetes, bone loss. I'm wondering if I should go with a longer course.

is there a steroidal ear drop WITHOUT antibiotics? (note that tobramycin and gentamicin are extremely deadly to the hearing cells and are found in some drops)

where can I buy a steroidal prednisone spray or drops online? It's the last hope for me to be able to work and have a normal life. I've already invested 20 years of my life and 200,000 becoming a professor and it is destroyed by the hearing loss

7. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      prednisone made me crazy also. I didn't know when I was taking it that it was the prednisone so because I didn't have that knowledge I just thought I was going crazy. So hang in there it will pass.

8. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      Thats exactly what i'm going to ask doctor tommorow. I probably still have some inflammation in ear for past 3 weeks and I dont want to use balms or eardrops with gentamicin/tobramycin/neomycin - I just want anti inflammatory effect without much of a risk. Why is it so hard to get compared to destroyers of hearing :/