Pretty Noisy Here in Northern California

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SemperKeith, Mar 24, 2016.

1. SemperKeith
      Tired

SemperKeith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to prolonged noise?
      Oh, it's just in my head! Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I am sorry to see that there are so many afflicted with this problem. I look forward to learning more about my recently "ramped up" tinnitus and ways to cope.

2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Tried sudafed plus gabapentin + Klonopin and helped today. My hissing was terrible...seemed to help a lot.

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Pretty noisy here in Vancouver, Canada too, lol. Sorry about your recently ramped up T. Have you tried to mask it yet? Was there anything you did or meds taken recently causing the spike? Perhaps a visit to the ENT is in order to make sure nothing serious inside the ears.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SemperKeith
      Tired

SemperKeith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Just & Billy, I slept in the chair and at 2:am, I woke, and "tin" was back to normal so I went up to bed. We have a Pug dog that sleeps with us but since she snores all night (the pug), I wear earplugs as a matter of routine. With the tin being so loud, earplugs are out of the question, so, that is why the chair. This off and on facet with my tin, gives me some hope that I'll be able to find a "switch." I appreciate your input, k

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      One way to cope is to mask the T, partially or completely. If you haven't tried that, here are some suggestions:

1) Mask at bed time so you can sleep better. Find whatever sounds/music that are soothing to you. You can use a sound machine or sound pillow for this, or a computer with speakers.

2) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipad with nature sounds or music using itune, or use smart phone. You can also order some nature sounds via ‘itune’ to play on your PC.

3) If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds:

TT's audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or make your own rain sound: http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/rainNoiseGenerator.php

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SemperKeith
      Tired

SemperKeith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks so much for the suggestions, I know it is probably just a matter of time before I'll need to mask on, an ongoing basis.