Probably the Worst Thing That Can Happen!

Discussion in 'Support' started by JoshuaD2002, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      You will probably be fine, like all the other times. Next time you go to a restaurant in case wear ear plugs, then you don't need to worry about the noise.

I would let the olive oil run out and then give your ears a break. And don't put anymore stuff in therer. In case let a doctor check your ears if they are free of wax.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For goodness sake it happened again. Didn't even mean to. Is this actually dangerous?

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JoshuaD2002 ,
      Tinnitus can change for no reason and for a reason so don't dwell on the past.
      Protect your ears from extra loud sound.
      I'm really not well at the moment or up to posting.
      take care.

love glynis

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Right but do I need to worry about the popping of the oil in my ear when was releasing my fingers from closing my ears? Is this dangerous noise? The left ear, which is where the olive oil is, is ringing badly again now and I'm worried it's the popping of the oil, it happened again 15 mins ago when checking my tinnitus even though I was extra careful.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Are you referring to the popping of olive oil I mentioned as extra loud sound. If so I'm pretty worried.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Continunally tested my ears this afternoon with 8Khz frequency (lowest volume possible of course), and I think I just keep on making my situation worse..

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      New high pitched noises today following this liquid popping... great. I haven't used earphones in 8 months and even when I did it was normally headphones and at safe volumes
      just want to stress that again. I shouldn't have damage. Maybe the bell going off next to me? Though many disagree that this did permanent damage.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      very loud in left ear, like a whining sound

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Oh my god.
      So I need to keep checking my tinnitus by closing my ears otherwise I go crazy. I was so careful and thought the olive oil was all out my ear, but removing my fingers and again the liquid pops. I'm just making my situation worse and worse

10. Deamon22

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Could you please stop pissing off your ears?:D damn dude i know this sucks, but you really need to stop doing all these things. Give those ears a rest and you will see it will get better.

• Funny Funny x 1
    11. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      You have to plug your ears to hear your tinnitus? I can hear mine over everything. I’ve never need to plug my ear to attempt to monitor it.

Stop trying to monitor your tinnitus. If it’s not already blaring loud over every sound, then try to relax and move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Your stress levels will give you a permanent spike if you keep panicking like this

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well update: Another sound accident. Was waiting for my mum to pick me up after school just outisde a pub car park, and some father of a girl beeps his horn to get her attention. Luckily a very short beep, but it was pretty loud! It's those things that I just can't predict could happen. I wanna say "I'm the unluckiest person ever" because it happened near a place I almost never wait, but being in that situation with cars around you every day, you're bound to end up being exposed to a horn at some point. It was just a very loud car horn :( I would say I was 8 metres away? I think it has affected my tinnitus. Will I be okay in this situation? Anyone else experienced a car horn beep?

Of course I protect my ears and always avoid loud situations the best I can. I'm actually pretty satisfied with how good I've been cutting down on noise. But it's incidences like these, with this loud car horn, that I just can't even see happening, and I'm not wearing earplugs every day on the path that's just asking for noise sensitivity.

Well will I be okay?

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      actually I can hear it over alot, especially after the incident I posted about just now. Plugging my ears is a way of measuring exactly how loud. Still don't get why I have tinnitus in the first place to be honest. No real reason.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So annoyed. Plugged my ears again to check and I get liquid popping sound. I'm just going to have to stop checking :(

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      is this sound dangerous??

17. Deamon22

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Probably not, but could you please stop it nontheless?:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Right it's super loud in my left ear. I can totally see the liquid popping basically next to my eardrum being the cause. It's a loud bang in the ear canal. What if it's done this permanently. God this ringing I'd loud. Had this kind before. Like the ringing after a disco or something but it won't stop?

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Update: so my anxiety is starting to cause some uncontrollable anger. Like, I will literally shout or stomp the floor in anger, even though I know it won't help.

Had an angry moment after someone annoyed me, so I stomped on my carpet like twice but had an earplug slightly inserted into my left ear, so now I'm worried the sound vibrated to the earplug or something. It didn't feel loud or hurt my ears, will this be fine? Will try my best to avoid stomping or shouting in future but getting professional help with this situation. Stomping + earplug = damage is what I'm thinking. Am I just over-reacting..?

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Peculiar situation:

Was holding my phone whilst having index fingers in ears to check tinnitus. Holding phone in right hand and I get a message from someone and it vibrated, sending the vibrating straight through my finger and making a loud sound in my ear (Well not too loud it didn't hurt), but was kinda loud. Overreaction?

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      People I need help with this

Please read the vibration incident above. Not sure if it's me paying extra attention but the ear that the vibration happened in is making a new tone of ringing, and I've realised the vibration of a phone is a low frequency, which are very harmful at loud volumes. So I just had a low frequency phone vibration in my ear. Can someone looked into what frequency it is. Will I be okay It basically happened right in my ear as I of course had my finger is my ear and the phone in the hand at same time.

22. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Stop checking your tinnitus. You will be okay . . . if you learn to cope with your anxiety.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Bad news. Woken up this morning with the same new morse code like sound after last night's phone vibration incident. These sounds are very low frequencies, and I had it straight to my ear.

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is ear damage

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all. My tinnitus has been bad and obviously the thing that co-incidentally (or not) started not long after that phone vibration incident continues. I still do check my tinnitus, but it's an obsession now to check on it. (By this, I mean, plugging my ears if I'm in a place with noise). Thing is, if my ears are moist inside, when I release my fingers, sometimes a pop sound from the moisture happens. It's not that loud, but it seems loud... It happened this afternoon!
      Had another incident yesterday with my dog barking, like 7 times. Ugh.

So... tinnitus worse after some phone vibration 2 days ago
      Dog barking thing yesterday
      Some more popping sounds of liquid in the canal.

Honest question. Will this improve or go away? Normally any tinnitus I get seems to eventually just fade, but as usual, I'm worried that all the sounds I've been exposed to lately (as listed) will have stopped any chance of improvement. Am I worrying too much? Will it improve? Above all, apart from stupidly plugging my ears to check and getting a liquid pop, I've taken a lot of precaution with sound over the last few weeks.

Am I still in with a chance? :( scared

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Still extremely concerned about the phone vibration thing. My ear was never against the phone or anything, as I said, it was in my hand whilst i had my fingers in my ears, so I heard the vibration through my hand. Worried that the vibration did damage? Is this likely or unlikely?

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Tinker Bell

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Something that keeps coming back, and is rlly loud since the phone incident, is this pressure sensitive tinnitus. Like if I plug my ears it gets 10 times louder? Something to do with my middle ear? Have had issues with middle ear pressure frequently. Jesus this phone vibration has really screwed me up hasn't it? Unless it was the utter panic that followed. I mean should something like that really cause issues? A vibration of a phone through my finger in my ear? I don't even know.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Not sure what to do... it's gotten alot worse this evening. It's so bad. Lost for words.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      someone please respond. ANYONE.

So this morse code sound definitely got worse last night, and I've woken at 4am and it's REALLY BAD. someone please advise me what it happening and why? I'm scared sick.