Probably the Worst Thing That Can Happen!

Discussion in 'Support' started by JoshuaD2002, Jul 20, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      should also mention that just over 2 weeks ago a football hit my left ear quite hard. Thankfully again, no symptoms like fullness or muffledness, but it did push wax in my ear, but that came out with olive oil.

Still concerned that this school bell, centimetres from my ear, has damaged things. need opinions.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      did one of those online speech tests where you have to pick what they say behind white noise. 94% for each ear but I swear my left feels worse.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      thanks school bell ;(

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JoshuaD2002 ,
      I'm sure you will be fine and back to your better place coping with tinnitus.

Sometimes we just have to put these sounds down to freak accidents and move on and not dwell on them or get stressed or trigger anxiety.
      You should be fine.

love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Based on what's happening it doesn't look like I'm going to be ok. Weird tinnitus starting in the right like a morse code sound. And, my right ear was exposed for longer because I covered both ears for the first second or two then had to my right hand to open a door, letting go of the right ear (even though it wasn't facing the bell). Like right now, there is a weird electrical sounding thing in the right ear. Started this morning. Worrying it's from Thursday mornings' bell incident :(

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I really wouldn't have expected a reaction from the ear facing opposite the bell. Furthermore that bell has been there for years and I'm sure if it was considered dangerous it would've been removed. Students everyday literally in my situation if they happen to be walking next to it. But wow my right ear is making noises that are indicative of something very bad.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What is happening @glynis

This bell must have something to do with why I'm hearing this electric morse code sound now.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Seems to be loudening!!!!

Shame. Will re-iterate that I have been extremely strict with myself in not using headphones or earphones for the last many months now (since April!)

Still I get this tinnitus.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Woken up this morning and the situation has escalated

10. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      You’re anxiety is very elevated. Anxiety can increase tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ok right I'm in a terrible situation. This tinnitus in my right ear, this whining sound. Really really loud and I'm scared. Not a high pitch tone which is indicative of damage but a whining sound. I really think this school bell has done something terrible and serious

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My right ear is just so loudly ringing. I've had the same noise before but on Saturday I noticed it after being anxious about my brother squealing. Now it's very loud and I heard how noises like this can increase tinnitus but the increase takes a while... I guess this is it.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      need help the ringing in my right is very very loud. This bell thing.... can't help but think that school bell incident has done this. it's just so loud.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I seriously need to pose the question to everyone asking whether this bell incident (right next to a school bell ringing for registration), has permanently worsened my tinnitus. Opinions please. Honest ones.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I feel like a permanent increase would've been noticeable earlier than it was, like at least the next morning. I don't know I'm asking all of you.

16. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      It has not worsened your tinnitus, but your anxiety has.

Reread your thread, it’s the same pattern: hear loud noise, panic that it’s worse, ask for opinions, get opinions that you’re okay, ask for additional opinions rather than calm down based on opinions that you are okay. Eventually realize okay, a couple weeks later hear loud noise . . .

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I know but this is the loudest exposure I've ever had. Ever. A school bell. Very very loud. Situation worsening as I type.

18. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      This pattern of behaviour is really common. I hear from many people who are stuck in this cycle, and I was once one of them.
      This is a common belief that I hear all the time. “It was the loudest ever” is a well used phrase, until a couple of weeks later, something else is the loudest ever. This cycle of fear literally drives the tinnitus and empowers it. Even you are repeating yourself as you have already said this about one of your previous exposures. It’s like an evil form of deja vu that you need to stamp out. This will continue but you will replace this event with another, and you will keep repeating the cycle. It will make you more obsessed with your tinnitus (which will make it more intrusive) and it will detrimentally affect your mental health. I know it’s incredibly hard to break this pattern of behaviour, but you must seek help to try.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      yes I understand but this genuinely is the worst one yet. It's a school bell. They're loud so you can hear them far far away, and I was right next to it. it genuinely is the worst ever and my tinnitus is very very loud right now.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No change. Loud pressure sensitive screeching right ear. This HAS to be the bell... for it to start just 2 days after and then get progressively louder to this... help....

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      definitely worse now. Never had tinnitus like this before.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's actually unbearable now, 8 days after the bell incident. Most of the things I'm scared of come from Tinnitus Talk itself. I've read that tinnitus after a loud noise exposure can take a while to reach it's loudest. This is what's happening. This bell went off next to my ear and it's obviously damaged something, because it has just got worse and worse and worse the last week.

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. RSV

RSV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 years ago.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music guitar.
      Mine get worse everyday. William's does to. but we both trug along. And William had it befor I was born. Trust me you will be ok. William is doing fine. Did it bother him and he complain to George on the reality show? my pastor has it and his faviort actor is Willian Shatner. He got to meet him. you will get better at ajusting to it believe me. then you will not pay much attention to it. But when you try to sleep that's a different story. Your body wants a quite room. After a while you will adapt.

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      right but how much do you think the bell incident I mention above has to do with this?

25. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You need to wait for at least a month (or three) and if it doesn't subside, then it would make sense to get worried.

26. RSV

RSV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 years ago.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music guitar.
      I really do not know? That is just like asking how the wood and components on a electric guitar has to do with the overall tone. I'm not for sure. My tinnitus goes up with every noise. farts etcc.. So it gets loud but settles down and you will get used to it and adapt.

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Guys I just had a huge panic attack.

I think it's called "fleeting" tinnitus or something similar?

Like when some high pitch tone just starts out of nowhere. Just had it in left ear 5 minutes ago and I think it might still slightly be there. I'm scared as all hell right now. Could this also be the result of the bell incident 9 days ago? Or stress? I don't know.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Anyone know how long this kind of tinnitus takes to resolve?

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well anyway. It kinda settled a bit. I've been staying in quiet rooms for the last couple days but went out with my family to a restaurant. As far as restaurants go, it wasn't overally loud. They don't play music in there and it's not that big. I used an app to record the decibels and it recorded about 70-75 dB, which I guess is kinda loud. Anyway we were there for about 90 minutes, and now my left ear is going crazy with ringing. Really? Am I going to be okay?

I went to the loo in the middle to insure I got 5 minutes of quiet. But I didn't think it would be loud enough to do me harm?

Will I be okay?

I mean another thing on my side is my ears often are quite waxy, which apparantly protects your ears by reducing sound a by a few db? Well, nonetheless my ears are going crazy.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      UPDATE:

So I had some wax build-up in my left ear, used some olive oil and it's out. But through the day, I was checking on my tinnitus by closing my ear canals using that flap of skin, you know? And, when I went to release my fingers and stop checking, the olive oil in my ear would made a loud POP/BANG sound. Is this dangerous levels of sound, or is it more perception of the sound because it's in the ear canal?

I've come home and a weird high pitch whistling is happening, this time in a kind of musical way, which is indicative of damage. No actual hearing loss though. Will be fine? Could the noise of the popping olive oil in my ear have actually done something. Happened nearly 5 times but it won't be happening a 6th I can assure. Had this happen before but no tinnitus. Opinions? @glynis

• Funny Funny x 1