Psychological Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JodieStephens, Aug 19, 2017.

?

Do You Have Psychological Tinnitus?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Not sure

4. Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. JodieStephens

JodieStephens Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It seems as the day goes on my tinnitus gets worse, my anxiety gets worse at the same time, is anxiety creating it? As I focus more and more?

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Medication and tinnitus counselling with a Hearing Therapist can help with anxiety @JodieStephens. Although medication might be enough. Please click on my Avatar and choose "started threads" read Tinnitus and mental health post in the list. There are other post on this subject too. You need to talk with your Dr and get some medication to help you.

Take care
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Tinnitus can be a mental thing. The ringing can be very horrible and it can bring on stress/anxiety. There are certain factors that increase tinnitus. I have been at this long enough to know what can spike or increase my tinnitus. try to avoid things that can increase your tinnitus. It is hard, but for sure it can be done. Tinnitus doesn't mean, that life is over.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Coming to terms with your tinnitus is crucial. I am lucky that I got this at a younger age and it took many many years to figure things out. After many years, I have figured things out and life is moving along. I just came back from a restaurant with a friend. We, then went to a supermarket and I saw the same girl, that has caught my eyes for a long time.

She is younger than I am and smiles at me and I just talk to her and I am building a connection with her. DO understand that my ears are ringing with Tea Kettle High pitchness from hell, but her beauty and feeling so excited being around her, makes me feel like i don't have tinnitus.

Your mood, attitude and life choices can truly enhance your life..With or Without tinnitus :)

• Hug Hug x 2