Pulsatile Tinnitus That Lasts Only Up to 10 Minutes at a Time

Discussion in 'Support' started by Semperv, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Semperv

Semperv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all...
      So here is my story...

I noticed my pulse in my ear a few times around May-June. I was in a very messed up period in my life (as most of us are). Lots of anxiety, stress etc.

The pulsing occurs in my left ear if I stand up really fast after a long period of sitting. It goes on for 5 minutes and then stops. I asked my husband, and he said yeah that happens sometimes. Then I had weeks without the pulsing. During summer I had none of it. Totally forgot about it.

Then it started to happen again (not on a daily basis though). It happens always at the same time of the day, doing the same thing. When I put my daughter to sleep, we sit on a rocking chair (she’s on my lap), when she sleeps, I get up and put her in the bed and the pulsatile tinnitus occurs right there, for 5-10 minutes and it stops.

So here is the enigma: why not anywhere else, why not at another time?

I’m very hypervigilant about my bodily symptoms so I check myself during the day, I go to quiet rooms and listen but NOTHING.
      When I exercise, when I try to sleep etc: NOTHING.

When I push my finger on my ear the sound disappears, when I gently hold my palm on my ear the sound disappears.

This week it happened maybe 3 times. All episodes lasted for a few minutes and then went away.

What are your opinions on this?

Regards,
      B.

2. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin