Punch/Kick to Ear and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by PatrickG, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @PatrickG
      I know how you feel, as I can remember the time, day and date when I first experienced tinnitus 20 years ago and it wasn’t a pleasant experience. I am sorry to hear it is still giving you a lot of problems. Have you tried tinnitus counselling with a hearing therapist because it can help a lot.

I wrote a post recently about a product that I’ve been using for some time and find that it helps. Er Long Zuo Ci Wan, is a Chinese herb that is used to treat tinnitus. There is plenty of information on the Internet and the reviews are good. My tinnitus is variable from silent, mild, moderate and severe. I find that I don't have to depend on taking clonazapam so much when taking this product. You might find my post helpful, the link is below and I encourage you to try this herb.

All the best
      Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...nnitus-chinese-herb-er-long-zuo-ci-wan.17896/

2. Emmi
      Not amused

Emmi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      For me it's also nearly a year.. and I think I am doing even worse than in the beginning. So far the last months I could only survive because I kept telling myself.. it's going to go away. But I guess it's time to face the truth.. and it's more likely that it's going to stay. I really hope it gets better for you! You probably tried already all sorts of things, I guess? I was told by a doctor that it can take up to 3 years for T to disappear.. after that it's very rare, but still happens. So maybe hope is not completely lost, yet. But it's hard to believe in that. Anyways, hang in there and wishing you strength!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PatrickG

PatrickG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punch/kick to the right ear
      I appreciate your answers a lot guys, thank you! I also hope things will improve for you and that we all can live in peace on day. We can not give up hope and must continue to support each other. That's why we are here :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Patrick how have you been?
      did it got better or still habituating?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PatrickG

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi there @Mario martz ! Weird I didn't see your message. I'm not habituating at all because T is changing every freakin second. It's driving me mad. I strongly suspect I have cochlear hydrops :(

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PatrickG

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Mr. Cartman are you still active? I probably have cochlear hydrops and its driving me crazy. I would need some of your advice because the word says you're the expert in the field.

7. Roman17

Roman17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/05/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      Hello i truly hope you are doing well. Times are tuff. Im 17 years old im a kickboxer for about 2 years now. Recently starting sparring with headgear and mouth guard. Recently took a kick to the head immediately after got a wooshing ringing in my ears following with nausea. The next day my ears were plug and neck pain/soreness. Its been 2 weeks and still have ringing in both ears, right one is louder and different noise. Im really afraid i have to deal with this forever at such a young age. I never knew this would ever happen. I have scheduled doctors appointment but thinking that im gonna get answers i do not like or no answers. We are in this together in a way. As martial artists

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You are young and your body is more resilient than that of most people. There is a reasonable chance that eventually your T will fade:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-over-70-recover-3-studies.21441/
      Meanwhile, it can take 6-12-24 months before that happens. Ears take forever to heal, and the change is very slow and gradual. Try not to panic and to ride it out...

9. Roman17

Roman17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/05/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      • Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PatrickG

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It’s been over two years now and my T is just as bad as in the beginning. I haven’t habituated at all because it’s always changing. It’s torture and I’m on my knees but I’m not on my back on the ground. My life, just like most here, is a 24/7 struggle. The most positive is that I found the best girlfriend I have ever dreamed of. She understand my struggle and accepts it. Didn’t know how important that would be.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. Elfin
      Wishful

Elfin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      @PatrickG any improvement, man?

Asking, as I've taken a football to the ear and I'm dealing with a crazy spike and partial hearing loss as a result.

Hoping this rights itself over time and goes back to baseline!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PatrickG

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Elfin !

I'm sorry that happened to you.

No just as bad and awful as always.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    13. Elfin
      Wishful

Elfin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      @PatrickG helpful...but not the news I wanted!!

Were you hit square on on the ear?

I was hit just slightly behind, so not square, but still enough to hear a cracking sound and have a significant mark now

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PatrickG

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes exactly, directly/square on the ear.