Random Stupid Questions...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Komodo, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Komodo
      Disappointed

Komodo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Stress
      Ok I have some questions and I would be glad if anyone could answer some of them:

1. I realise that recently my tinnitus has faded away like I can still hear it but only when I concentrate on it... Will it stay that way or will it come back?! (I hope that it goes forevor cause it is like my first time in my life hearing this ringing and I'm 15 years old)

2. Now this is stupid... When a car or a truck passes by myself (I recently went bike riding) or just in general on the street, is the sound over 80 db should I be worried that is too loud?!

3. How many hair cells does a person have?! I hope I didn't mess up a lot of them cause I'm only a kid and I used to listen to loud music but I stopped weeks ago...I gave my ears a break...

4. Is it weird that when I hear my tinnitus and than I plug my ears and unplug them I don't hear it anymore like it blocks it somehow...I know it's stupid but when I put my fingers in my ears it stops ringing...

5.I don't know how to say this but when I usually go on walks outside I'm scared that I might hurt my ears cause there are people talking, cars, there is music I mean is not loud but I wanna know when can noise mess my ears up so I can do something about it cause if I hear like a noise over 80 db and it's hurting my ears I'm scared that I might now know that and yeah...

That's kind of it...Sorry if they are stupid I'm new to this thing and I really wanna take care of my ears

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I want to assure you, that your questions are not stupid at all :)

Not all sound is bad, remember that. A car that is passing by at 80db (not that loud db wise), will pass you by in 1-3 seconds. Your anxiety/fear/stress of that car will get you way more, than the sound. That anxiety can lead to a spike as well.

If the sound level is high, then please do protect your ears at all time (clubs,bars,possibly movies, and everything else that has LOUD sounds that can damage your ears)

Dangerous sound levels, should be avoided at all costs. A car at 80db is not super high. Again, if you are exposed to way louder sound levels, please have your ear plugs/ear protection in place..

Fear/anxiety can lead to as many spikes, as loud noises do.

I hope your tinnitus goes away too, but if it's barely noticeable, then you are blessed. Keep protecting your ears because that low tone/hiss can become way loud, due to LOUD sounds...

Take care :)

3. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      DO NOT LISTEN FOR IT

It might go, it might stay. What's important is that you'll protect your ears from now on, right?

Most probably not. If it is not causing discomfort, than you should be fine.

Nightclubs are not fine, discomfort or not.

Easy fix: Don't ever listen to stupidly loud music again.

Don't do that. Dont look for tinnitus. Dont teach your brain tinnitus is important. This is super important.

Hard question. It's not that easy to damage your ears. Dont be afraid of everyday sounds.

Be careful about pubs, bars, parties. Most of them are fine. Some are stupidly loud.

Did I mention no nightclubs?

YOU'RE GOING TO BE JUST FINE

• Like Like x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If you don't get a secondary acoustic trauma, it should continue to fade. The process of it fading to complete silence might take months. It is now easier for you to get an acoustic trauma. It will take less to give you a spike. So you might want to be careful from now on, and especially over the next 6 months.

If I were you, six months (a year?) from now, I would stop worrying about stuff like that. In these early days I would try to actively protect my ears from sounds as loud as the sounds on a loud street. I would avoid loud streets, or wear earplugs if I had to be near one. Having said this, if you have not been protecting your ears and you had experience improvement, then perhaps you should not worry about the kind of regular sounds that evidently haven't interfered with your recovery.

If your ears feel full or hurt, or you experience a T spike following one of those moderate noises, then this is your body signalling to you that it can't handle those noises. If your ears don't really react, and you are observing your T getting better, then it really looks like you have nothing to worry about.

You have the right attitude. This attitude will go a long way in protecting you from experiencing a return of T.