Really Need Support in Here

Discussion in 'Support' started by July23, Nov 11, 2015.

1. July23

July23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/10/2009
      Hello Folks,

I really need some support in here. I need to speak with some of you that now make this wonderful supportive thing, because I have real problems in here with this new spike from august.

Please, if it is someone here that manage to habituate with this kind of very very ultra high pitch tone, please talk to me. I have days when my T spike, so the frequency is new to me even when I have good days, but it is manageable in those days, but has days when is so loud and high that seems like my ear is clogged and someone is piercing my ear. Can you use with something like that??? How I used before with my refrigerator noise wich also seems scared at the beginning. I only want to go further with my life, but I’m kind of stuck in here and in this horrible days I have suicidal thoughts.

Thank you,

Julia

2. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi @July23
      I am relatively new to T, so can't advise you, but there are many wise experienced people on here who definitely will be responding. In the meantime check out the success stories, they certainly helped me. also https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172
      Regards Phil

3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Like Phil said, the Back To Silence method.
      It has worked wonders for me !!

4. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Hey! What is the origin of your T ? Do you know what caused a spike ? Good days mean your T is quite silent or just that you manage it better ? If you write more about yourself that may help to advice you sth ..

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      July23

July23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/10/2009
      Hey,
      It is from hearing loss, they say. I have a spike from August when after a trail on a mountain, when I returned my ear was clogged and they put me cortisone infusions, but they don't know what really happened. After the infusions the ear was sloppy but appeared this new noise.
      I just find yesterday that I have the lost in my right ear also on 12 000 khz, not only on 4000 and 8000 Khz and this is the pitch that I have in bad days. Usually they do the test until 8000 Khz, but yesterday I found an audiologist who made me more tests in order to proceed to TRT and to fit the devices.
      In bad days this terrible sound it is present. I have 2-3 bad days/week with the piercing present in my right ear, and 3-4 days with my old noise, from 2009, which is more like a refrigerator, easy to cover by environmental noise.
      Tell me if I manage to answer to your questions, if not I'm here and need in support.

Thank you very much,
      Julia

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Julia,
      Are you going be fitted with white noise generators or hearing aids or duel purpose hearing aids that do both ?....lots of love glynis

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      July23

July23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/10/2009
      Hi,
      Just made some tests here in Romania, for noise generators only, she told me that my hearing don't need hearing aids for now, but I will go to Frankfurt to a TRT clinic at the end of the month, after that I will be able to tell you more.
      I need to find some relief during day time, because my noise it is very very high pitch 12000 Khz, more difficult to habituate I guess and is new for me hearing during day time. Until now I could hear it only in silent environments, but it was more like a refrigerator noise.
      Julia

8. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Julia my pitch is very high too almost like air leaking from a tire with an electrical sound mixed in. I hear it driving my car, watching TV almost everything but when im in the shower. I keep sound around me most of the time and go on utube and play nature sounds like birds chirping to blend with my T at bedtime. A big help to me was watching Jullian Cowan Hill on utube for tips to deal with your T. If things get to rough you may also take low dose of xanax or valium to take the edge off and bring back some normality in your life. Obviously you will want to wean off of meds when youT leaves, improves or you experience habituation which almost everyone does in time.. You will be alright it just takes time. I also exercise one hour a day in the gym and encourage you to do the same rather it be tai chi, yoga, weight training, treadmill or any type exercise. Funny but never hear my T when weight training which I find a little strange although I do get a small spike after for a bit.