Recently Got Hyperacusis and I Have a Few Questions

Discussion in 'Support' started by Insomniac333, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Insomniac333

Insomniac333 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hello there, i've had T since 2009 and have never really been bothered by it.. until a week or so ago where my symptoms for H were really showing and now alot of sounds cause me physical pain. I have read about this and i have a few questions i'd like to ask and i'm really sorry if you get these alot.

1. Can eczma in the ear canal cause hyperacusis? Because that is what my doctors believe. They don't think it's related to T at all even though i've treated my eczma and yet H remains.

2. Can you do TRT treatment by yourself since i'm from Sweden and i cannot find anybody that has ANY sorts of expertise in this area (H), and my doctors think i'm crazy when i'm telling them about this treatment. I have started to listen to pink noise all the time now but i'm not sure at what volume i'm supposed to listen to it, and when i should eventually increase the volume.

3. I love to exercise but any sorts of output from laptop, TV, radio drives me crazy. My gyms plays music on a high volume and i've asked them to turn it down for a specific time when nobody is working out but they refused. Should i work out with ear plugs to make it at least bearable?

Thank you so much for reading and sorry for the poor english. Have a great day.

2. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      If you are near Hovmantorp you should consider a consultation with Michael Zazzio. He has many years of experience treating hyperacusis.

http://www.alir.nu/alc.htm

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Insomniac333

Insomniac333 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Thank you. I'm only 2 hours away by car. I will do so. Many many thanks!