Recently Got Tinnitus at 17

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Roman17, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Roman17

Roman17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/05/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      Got kicked in the the head the next day got ringing in the right ear opposite side of impact. Few days later developed it in the left. 2 weeks later now I have it in the head. I don't know what's wrong with me. Going to neurologist in a few days. It's really loud can't sleep that well even with fan/heater on. I just hate this noise. Also have neck pain/soreness - might be whiplash. I can kinda change the pitch with jaw and neck movements

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      If you do jaw movement and it can affect your pitch, then most likely your T is somatic. Try check out TMJ and try to do a head scan as you are not sure if the head kick has done damage inside. Also, you may want to start masking your T actively. Try some nature sounds with frequencies matching your T. For sleep you may want to try a sound machine. Take care. God bless.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Roman17

Roman17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/05/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      Is somatic tinnitus curable?

4. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Find a upper cervical chiropractor (NUCCA). Maybe you have misaligned C1,C2 which causes vast majority of symptoms related to head and ears including T and aural fullness, tight muscles and muscle spasm affecting ears etc. It's the commonest hidden injury if you have had a blow to your head and almost always overlooked and undiagnosed. A chiropractor will straighten your head a bit and maybe your symptoms will resolve.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Do you have concussion symptoms?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Roman17

Roman17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/05/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      Not really i did feel nauseous the second day but thats it. Also a little senstive to light right before

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Roman17

Roman17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/05/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      I truly hope you are right and it will resolve

8. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      those are concussion symptoms. had it playing rugby.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Roman17

Roman17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/05/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      Did it reslove? The ringing?

10. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      I never had ringing from concussion there are a number of cases where it did. There are a few high profile ones as well...from nhl hockey player that I know of.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      If the cause of the problem is fixed, then it stands a high chance T will just fade.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. Taylorslay
      Happy

Taylorslay Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of excessively loud headphone use
      I'm 17 and I also have tinnitus. But I also suffer from hyperacusis and some hearing loss. This however was noise induced.

I say be lucky that you don't have balance problems. Because high impact to the head can cause balance problems in many people. The ears, believe it or not help regulate balance. I have balance problems and dizziness on and off, however this is due to noise exposure. Which is completely different than high impact to the head.

As for the meantime in your wait for the neurologist, it is suggested to anyone who has tinnitus despite how they got it to try to relax anxiety and taking sleeping pills (recommended melatonin or Tylenol PM). Relaxing and not allowing tinnitus to become your main focus will help sleep and over all quality of life. It is advice for everyone who first gets Tinnitus to try to relax their anxiety.

If you have any questions or concerns do feel free to give me a private message.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1