Result of My Visit to the Audiologist

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by JohnnyMx, Sep 3, 2015.

1. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Hi everyone,

I have not been here for a while, because certainly Tinnitus is not a concern in my life nowadays.

I had a follow-up appointment with my audiologist.

I thought not go, i had a full agenda at work, and going to the audiologist to hear the same again was not in my plans.

Well, my wife (lovely wife as always) encourage me to go.

The surprise for me, there was a new doctor, he ran tests again, ran an enterview ( i was just desperate for leaving the doctor's office because it was almost time to pickup my boy from school, and also because i thought i knew the answer "all it's alright with you").

Suddendly he told me "I'm 99% sure you have a temporomandibular dysfunction, you have your jaw out of place, did you received a hit in your face".... i said, well doctor... i played football at college, i received alot of punishment those days.

This news came in a time where, i really don't care about my Tinnitus... it is not a concern anymore.

I post this, because i would really love all of you, my dear T friends, get back on track, and start living your life again.

I don't come to TTalk so often anymore, but you are always in my thoughts.

The best for you!

• Like Like x 3
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Thank you for posting an update on how you are now and a lovely positve post for members read .
      Wish you well with your jaw problem .Take care..lol glynis

3. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      If you don't care about your T, it means it's manageable. I wish I could say the same for myself and many others. My problem started after dentist visit, I had to overstretch jaw for 1 hour, I believe something happened there, also I have had prognathism problem for many years. Maybe I am onto something here but I am not sure how to go about it.

All the best