Scam or Legit? Thomas Coleman's Tinnitus Miracle

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by bob, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Catherine

Catherine Guest

The simple thing that cured my tinnitus was cutting out wheat from my diet. Everything changed after that. It doesn't seem that people commenting about Thomas Coleman's method have actually read it or know what he is offering. Would like to hear from someone who has actually read his method and know what it's about.

2. Jean Anderson

Jean Anderson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I, too, would like to know if Thomas Colman's method is valid and what exactly he recommends. It sounds too good to be true.

3. Raindance74
      Yeehaw

Raindance74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2010
      Believe it or not, about three years ago I posted a video on YouTube about my experience with tinnitus and when I reached about 10k views (it now has over 25k) I received a private message from Thomas Coleman (or someone using his Tinnitus Miracle account) asking if I'd be willing to make a video clip telling everyone that my tinnitus was cured by using his product. In return he would pay me $100 from paypal. I told him to screw off.

• Winner Winner x 4
      • Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
    4. Relic Hunter
      Cynical

Relic Hunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      I hope that anyone who takes advantage of the suffering of others and profits from this suffering has a special place in hell.

• Agree Agree x 4
    5. tokyotony
      Busy

tokyotony Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Some hearing loss more likely due to aging
    6. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Hi Tony,

As you rightly spot it is probably a scam. The tinnitus miracle (there is no miracle) is a book for $40, the voice is an actor and the owner of the site gets $30 commission for every poor tinnitus sufferer they con into buying it.

The sales for the book are everywhere and spammers have managed to blitz the internet with fake testimonials and lies. We all know that there is no cure but these vile people who care only about lining their own pockets prey on our desperation.

YouTube is getting much better at banning the scammers posting fake videos, I've noticed a good number that have been taken down recently. Maybe that's why this video isn't a YouTube link like they usually are (generally with thousands of paid-for views).

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      Hi Steve!

I appreciate your insight here (I wasn't aware that Youtube was policing its own site in this manner). I am certainly not here to defend the tinnitus-miracle "business-concept", but I find the whole idea of censorship a difficult topic - ie. how does someone (or some entity) decide which things are scam and which are not? In a certain sense, the book in itself does contain some useful information (if I am not mistaken; I have only read fragments of it), and therefore the buyer is actually getting "some value" in return for his/her purchase. The problem - as I see it - is the business model tinnitus-miracle is using ie. getting regular folks, who appear sincere and legit, to endorse the product and posting those testimonials "all over the Internet". Either a product is legit (in which case it can be sold and endorsed freely) or a product is not legit (in which case the author/owner/supplier should have been stopped already by the authorities, and not Youtube, for instance).

Personally, I am more concerned with high value products such as Neuromonics or LLLT (as examples). These products come with a hefty price tag of several thousand dollars, and consumers therefore have an expectation of seeing some tangible results in return. And as we all know, slam-dunk cases of being cured or nearly cured of tinnitus are hard to find amongst people who have tried the above therapies.

The only reason I am "sort of" endorsing LLLT is because it did improve my hearing - and I was able to demonstrate that objectively. This - to me - was at least an interesting starting point. And I did come to learn that apparently results in terms of improved tinnitus may/should happen further down the road (ie. after months/years of consistent usage). However, objectively speaking, I did not see results in terms of tinnitus after two months of therapy with LLLT (and a price tag of EUR 3600,-) and so based on that, and that alone, I have no choice but to say that LLLT did not work (for me). [I am however still using it for a 2nd treatment round since I already bought the home laser device].

8. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The censorship I believe is of the videos where the user has paid to have thousands of views and many comments, YouTube sees this and is starting to ban the offending video. It isn't an assessment of the product, just unfair marketing techniques. Although when enough people report a video as "spam or misleading" I imagine that will also have an affect.

There may be "some" useful information within the book. But it is based on supposition and rumour rather than actual facts You can pick any of it up freely on the internet - much (possibly all) of the content is discussed here.

My issue with it is that it claims to be a cure. It claims that it is a miracle cure. This bold statement and the hard selling of it by actors make it look like a scam. The premise is untrue and that ideal preys upon people when they are desperate.

I understand your point about high value treatments but consider a great part of the population to whom they are essentially out of reach. This book takes their hard earned money; it's priced high enough to make it seem exclusive but low enough to make it tangible for the poorest.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. Milly

Milly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/2004
      Has anyone bought the book by Thomas Coleman - Tinnitus Miracle. I feel like trying anything and everything.

10. Robb
      Question it

Robb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      A blacklist should be made of such malicious scam artists, same as for a whitelist for the ones who can truly help

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Please do not buy and support books like Tinnitus Miracle. The only Miracle about this book is that it is a Miracle it is still on the market. If these ideas and solutions in the book really worked (it has been around for years), it would be the Tinnitus Bible, adopted by the Government for US Tr and we would all be cured, TinnitusTalk would shut down and we would go on our merry way. If you want to throw away your money at least donate it to Tinnitus research. I am sure this book has reaped in thousands of dollars that could have otherwise gone to meaningful research to say the least. If there is one thing that slows down research in the field of tinnitus, it is supporting these numerous tinnitus scams like this book, lipoflavinoids, Ring Relief, etc.....

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    12. PeteM4

PeteM4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      The person behind this product is located in Israel. If you search "tinnitus miracle" in the copyright database (search us copyright website) you'll find that the guy is:

Hayim Oshky. Address: Menahem Begin 23, Givat Shmuel, 54421, Israel

In fact he is the same guy behind:

Yeast Infection No More - Cure Yeast Infection Holistically.
      TMJ No More - Cure TMJ, Bruxism and Teeth Grinding Holistically.
      Pregnancy Miracle - Cure Infertility and Get Pregnant Naturally.
      Panic Miracle - Cure Anxiety and Panic Attacks Holistically.
      Ovarian Cysts No More - Cure Ovarian Cysts Holistically.
      Ovarian Cyst Miracle - Cure Ovarian Cysts and PCOS Naturally.
      Hemorrhoid No More - Cure Hemorrhoids Holistically.
      Heartburn No More - Cure Acid Reflux Naturally.
      Fibroids Miracle - Cure Uterine Fibroids Holistically.
      Acne No More - Cure Acne Holistically.

Any idea on how we can do something about him???

• Winner Winner x 3
    13. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What a lovely man, he must sleep so well at night - actually he probably does, in a nice big house paid for by desperate people.

Good find, nice to put a name to "Thomas Coleman". And it's available to check for anybody too (why have none of us ever thought to do that before?).

I don't think we can actually do anything other than expose him for what he is, unfortunately. I'm open to any suggestions though.

• Like Like x 1
    14. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Now that's some excellent work you did. This guy knows how to cure a lot of conditions holistically!

Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 20.17.07.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 20.17.30.png

Enough said...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. Raindance74
      Yeehaw

Raindance74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2010
      What someone considers a 'cure' is subjective. Remember that idiot Kevin Trudeau who used to sell books on late night infomercials that claimed "all natural cures"? Well my aunt actually bought the book at WalMart of all places and in the last chapter (yes, I read it at her house), he basically says that all cures are just based on learning to ignore a persons symptoms and if you feel better you can consider yourself 'mentally cured'. Its a paradox philosophy used by many charlatans throughout history although in certain instances is true. Many weight-loss products say at the bottom of the screen in fine print "when used with diet & exercise." That's really all most overweight people need is to become active and eat healthier, its just overcoming the mental hurdles to actually get you follow through with that commitment. The word 'cure' is thrown around all the time when marketing a product. I cant tell you how many times Ive heard people in the mainstream media talk about how we cured polio. We dont have a cure for polio. Jonas Salk invented a vaccine to prevent someone from getting infected. A cure would be eliminating it in someone who already has the disease which we cant do. And believe it or not there are people who still get polio today.

Want to get rid of him? Just fight fire with fire. Make a video testimonial about how Tinnitus Miracle did NOT work for you and make sure you tag his videos in the description. Whats he gonna do, sue you? The guys a punk.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. MarkD
      Fine

MarkD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High cholestoral, stress, inflammation, diabetes
      There's an overwhelming amount of likes on his FB page. Such an active community all discussing what a huge success his methods are.

Looks like he invited 500 of his friends to like his page also. Either that or he created 500 fake profiles.

https://www.facebook.com/tinnitusmiraclethomascoleman

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I do not want to come across as being mean but I am... so I hope this punk gets a Yeast infection in his acne covered hemorroids, followed by panic inducing heartburn causing incurable TMJ and deafening tinnitus.

I wrote few words on his Fb page. Detailing all his miracles and his email.

If a lot of people report his page as a scam it will go down.

I think we should all report the Facebook pages of Thomas Coleman of Tinnitus miracle fame.
      We can all report it as a scam.

Here are his pages , let´s at least put a dent in his day.

https://www.facebook.com/tinnitusmiraclethomascoleman
      https://www.facebook.com/tinnitusmiracle

Any more ideas to take this guy down are welcome.

• Like Like x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The problem we have is that the people perpetrating this are minions looking to make a nice commission from exploiting misery.

Once you spam one site, another will surface, then another and another. I have a rolling check on the keyword "tinnitus" as a Google search, they surface all the time, giving some random information on tinnitus and a review of tinnitus miracle with a special link to get discount.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Ray Seddon
      Amused

Ray Seddon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unprotected hearing damage
      I do not want to come across as being mean but I am... so I hope this punk gets a Yeast infection in his acne covered hemorroids, followed by panic inducing heartburn causing incurable TMJ and deafening tinnitus.

LOL - heh heh... brilliant RaZaH. Love it!!

(BTW - How do you guys get to have your quotes from other posters show up in a nice yellow box? There's obviously a button or such to do this but me being a bit of a luddite I can't find it..).
      Cheers
      Ray

20. StanUbeki

StanUbeki Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2007
      Any time I listen to one of those looongg rant videos that repeat and repeat and repeat and never say anything, then they ask for money, I know it's a scam.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      any time it says, watch the video fast as it wont be here long as government is trying to remove it, it is a scam

22. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @ RaZaH So funny! You manged to make me roll on the floor laughing, although I was one of the idiots who bought the book, in a moment of desperation.

23. Steve23

Steve23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2008
      Hi folks.

There are scammers on YT promoting snake oil program - tinnitus miracle. People on this forum are probably familiar with it as it has its own thread.

Sadly, several my friends fell for this trap and wasted their money, before I had a chance to warn them. Then I realized how many people must fall for the same trap every day...

If you have a minute of your time, could you please help with removing these 2 videos? Just flag them as spam and misleading, that should do the trick.

youtu.be/iaTHSauuXR0
      youtu.be/W5IbkBlU3WA

Should we get enough reports, youtube will remove the videos. By doing this you will sure help dozens of people who are searching for cure on youtube. Thanks for your time.

24. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Reported as Tinnitus Scam.

25. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      They are gone, mission accomplished.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    26. canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      So our buddy Thomas Coleman doesn't even exist?
      This shitty is still being spammed everywhere. Imagine if the book was called "Parapeligec Miracle" and it just was a copy and paste of already known coping strategies. He'd be in jail already, but tinnitus isn't taken as seriously.

• Funny Funny x 1
    27. edward h.

edward h. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/2010
      @erik - Hi. I know this thread is old now but I wanted to clarify something because it felt incomplete and possibly misleading in its own way. I came here like others have, looking at this miracle tinnitus scam and wondering about it. I noticed you said that you can tell this is a scam because it has appeared as a "paid press release" on PRWeb. I'm not disagreeing about the scam nature of the "tinnitus miracle." What I wanted to clarify in case others read this post and are not familiar with PRWeb or other press release services, is that ALL press release services - services, mind you - are "paid." It is not a "paid press release." It is a paid service that distributes press releases. That is, there are literally thousands of agencies, newspapers, and media sources that you can send a press release to and it would be nuts for someone needing to get their press release out to manually fill out 1000's of forms and submit them individually to all the media sources. A paid press release service simply distributes your press release for you - yes you pay them - so that they can access their massive database of press agencies and send them all off simultaneously. All legitimate businesses use this method. It would be nuts to try to do it by yourself "manually." I have used PRWeb for a number of businesses I have worked for and for clients that I have created marketing campaigns for, all legitimate, who needed to get press releases out. It is up to each news source or media agency to pick what they choose to actually distribute. So just because PRWeb distributes it, it does not mean it will be on ABS News or the NY Times or what not. A press release, by its nature is a person sending out a few paragraphs and hoping to get it out and distributed - it is NOT "news" in the way a journalist researches a topic and writes an article or does a television spot on his or her own, the sort of news we often assume is true and accurate because it has been put out by a newspaper or television news program. So yes, scam companies can also use this system to distribute their scam information too, but it is important for readers coming on this forum not to go away thinking that "paid" press releases are all a scam. As I said, "paid" simply means you pay the company to distribute it for you, whether it's Xerox releasing information on a new venture or Microsoft on new software or a Government contractor on a new military technology they have just patented or even an actor releasing news about a new project - all in the form of a press release. Press releases (through PRWeb or other services) are legitimate - but only as far as the person or company who posts it is legitimate. In the case of tinnitus miracle... probably not so much! Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    28. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      What do you think about this article?

http://searchengineland.com/how-prweb-helps-distribute-crap-into-google-news-sites-140597

EDIT: However, I want to add that I've also seen totally legit press releases distributed via PRWeb. But I still agree with @erik that quite often PRWeb has also distributed pure scam releases.

29. fixedgear808
      Starving

fixedgear808 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      since childhood
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      frequent childhood ear infections
      Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I recently became aware of Tinnitus Miracle and did a bit of research on my own. My efforts led me here, among other places. I have had tinnitus since I was a child and it has recently started to become worse. Some days are better than others.

I also run a blog where I've talked about various scams and decided to give some attention to "Thomas Coleman", partly because I have tinnitus myself, but mostly because I despise scammers who target the vulnerable. I have included various quotes from this thread in my blog.

If you would prefer that I edit or remove them, let me know. The blog entry can be found here
      http://fixedgear808.blogspot.com/2015/03/tinnitus-miracle-is-bullshit.html

30. Nage

Nage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2010
      I have consistant chronic tinnitus since age 17, now i am 22, I bought the book after 2 months since the T started.
      I live in Israel so English is not my main language, it was hard to understand the book and I was young and stupid.
      I tried the diet parts, plus avoiding eating and drink stuff, and YES it gave a relief, but there are some nutritional suplements that are not legal in Israel, which were mentioned in his book, so i couldn't get them (I tried.. just not enough). I don't think this is a scam, maybe it works for some people and for others not. I payed a lot more than 37$ to treat my T to no avail. The diet part helped me more than all the treatments I tried. The steps mentioned in the book are not easy tasks, there are lot of work to do, and like pill's when you take them, you believe they help and it really helps.. It's all in mind. One day we will find the treatment we really believe in and get cured.. I don't care about the money i just want to be normal again!