Rumbling Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by MountainCreek, Mar 31, 2017.

1. MountainCreek

MountainCreek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Radio
      I got rumbling very low frequency and rather quiet tinnitus sound that began last month. I hear it only when I lie down on my bed at night and everything is quiet. It wakes me up frequently and is there as I wake up in the morning. But it use to disappear after breakfast more or less. Or I don't notice it anymore. Then it is back again in the evening as I go to bed. The sound makes my head feel like it is vibrating, though it is not very loud. Should I check this out for possible medical treatment and could this be the beginning of Menier's although I have not experienced any dizziness?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @MountainCreek,
      A low rumble or drone etc is quite common with tinnitus.
      Menieres comes with losts of symptoms so I wouldn't worry about it being that at the moment if not having any other symptoms...
      Keep posting for support...lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MountainCreek

MountainCreek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Radio
      The medicine I was thinking on was

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MountainCreek

MountainCreek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Radio
      OK, that is true, but does is all have to come at once? I guess Menier's could start out very mildly when treatment still can be successful, and only later develop with more severe symptoms.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MountainCreek

MountainCreek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Radio
      I made the test at

https://hearingtest.online/

and attach my result below. I put my laptop speaker volume at 16 and have no headphones. I calibrated by matching the calibration sound with the sound I hear from rubbing my own hands in front of my computer (not in front of my nose). This gives an overall lower spectrum than I really have. But the trend is anyway clear. The reverse shape slope, which I believe is characteristic of Menieres. menieres.png

6. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      You really need more than just a trend. You should make an appointment to get a hearing test asap and then go from there.

7. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I've had a low rumble for about 8 months now. No other Menieres symptoms so far.