Scared, Frustrated, Worried

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Camilla583f, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Camilla583f

Camilla583f Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello members of Tinnitus Talk
      My name is Camilla, I am 23 years old and I believe I have just been formaly introduced to tinnitus last Friday

That being said, I am as of yet unaware of whether it is permanent yet, but I have the devastating feeling that it might be

So, last Friday I was driving home from work in my car, when suddenly I felt this big pain in my ears and sinus-area, followed by this weird sound in my left ear. I found it strange, but expected that it might be otitis or something of the kind, so I decided to just relax for the weekend and wait it out.

Needless to say it continued all weekend and monday I went to see a doctor.
      She checked my ears and explained that everything seemed fine, except for a big amount of earwax, that she cleaned out. I thought that could be the end of it, but it is now Wednesday and the ringing is still present - it actually seems to have gotten worse and I believe I hear something in my right ear as well - it comes and goes several times a day and when I think for a Second that it actually might be gone for good it simply starts again.

I am only 23, but I feel like my life has just ended. I can't sleep - I have been resting on the sofa for the last few nights, trying to sleep with the tv on because I can't stand the silence being disturbed by the noise in my head. I can't eat - my nerves are so wrecked that I just throw everything up again
      I can't focus on anything - I am supposed to go to college in a couple of months, but I can't imagine how I should be able to study.

I am ridiculously afraid of just slightly loud noises and cover my ears all the time, because I am afraid it might make it worse.

I an thinking that I will never be able to go to concerts, parties or just big gatherings anymore and I am so depressed - crying all the time.

Music used to be everything to me and now it feels like my worst enemy.

I am sorry to just ramble it all out, but I feel so alone and if this goes on and is irreversible I am not sure I want to be here anymore

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      @Camilla583f - Welcome!
      Your T is new and doesn't seem to be from any trauma, so there is a good chance it will subside in time.
      However it may be useful to do a full medical check up to rule out possible root causes (infections, tumors, etc). That would probably involve a blood panel, a hearing test, and possibly imaging (CT, MRI).
      Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Welcome.

In addition to above - Remember if the anexity of this gets to great to speak with your doctor as they can advice of treatments which make this difficult time easier: medications, councillors and psychologists can all assist.

Oh, and don't spend much time on this forums and if you must stick to the "success stories" section only :)

4. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      If you have a history of noise exposure as you yourself seem to indicate, then you have probably found the reason for your tinnitus already. Don't over-complicate this unless there is a specific reason to. For instance, if you have a history of ringing in the ears after partying (or concerts), or being an avid user of portable music players, then "patient history" is the way to proceed.

The earwax was likely just a coincidence. Protect your ears from now on and see if your tinnitus doesn't subside over time.

5. Freeatlast

Freeatlast Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound
      How are you doing?