SciFluor Receives US Patent for KCNQ2/3 Activator to Treat Epilepsy and Neurological Disorders

Discussion in 'Research News' started by OptimusPrimed, Jan 13, 2015.

1. jer

jer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      That’s just great. Another medicine bites the dust! Ugh. And what did the previous poster mean with a metabolic issue? So they got all the way through phase one and two testing before they figured out the metabolic issue?

P.s. @attheedgeofscience how is your tinnitus these days? The improvements from the stem cell treatments still holding strong I hope?

2. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I recall that Kerrisdale Capital voiced concerns about SciFluor in relation to unresolved/unknown complications with SF0034 (vs. Trobalt). You can read about that via the report they released back late 2015 (or search this thread...). But likely there were other motivations behind that report...

Life is a breeze for me again. I live a normal life. So it's all good. But because of my financial background and not-so-insignificant knowledge about pharma company developments in the inner ear domain, I am a contributor on Seeking Alpha. And so, I stay up-to-date on what's happening in the tinnitus world. Also, I have developed a fascination with the duality of the likely increased prevalence of tinnitus versus the lethargy of the tinnitus stakeholders (health authorities and tinnitus community). By their very nature, latent epidemics can be hard to spot: we shall see how this all unfolds going forward...

• Like Like x 2
    3. Stakovic

Stakovic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Informative Informative x 1