Seeking Balance / Rock Steady — Joey Remenyi

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by carlover, Jan 24, 2019.

1. SummyKim
      Artistic

SummyKim Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Seeking Bank Balance.

After a recommendation from my ENT, I had a few sessions face-to-face with Joey R some years ago. It was ok, and helped me accept my tinnitus, but I habituated to it eventually after a few months later anyway. It certainly did not 'go away' as some of the claims state in the Seeking Balance reviews.

Recently however, I've been experiencing sudden 'surges' in my tinnitus. (No, it's not a spike. I get those too). Something akin to a volume control shooting up in sound for a split second! This always happens in the evenings and usually just on the verge of sleep or any sudden noise. Too much screen time doesn't seem to help either?!

Anyway, recently I sent Seeking Balance an email explaining my symptoms in detail to see if Joey had ever heard of this condition, and this was the reply I received via 'Mandy' passing on Joey's response...

"yes this sort of thing happens. Nothing to worry about. It's just your body talking to you. I recommend that you revisit our online programs."

*To be somewhat fair, I was notified by email of 'free' resources, YouTube, etc but I never botherd to follow them up believing them to be nothing more than bait traps for possible sales in the future.

I then received a further email offering a 50% saving coupon to try the 7-Day Support Program. The coupon code was only valid for 48 hours. (Old-school time constraint tactic).

When I compare this to Myriam Westcott-a leading audiologist in Melbourne, Australia, who kindly offered professional advice to me over the phone-on two seperate occasions-with no charge (even when I offered to pay) I'm left speechless!

There's an old saying: "If someone has all the answers, then they're usually trying to sell you something."

2. IvanSK

IvanSK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2010
      When I heard this reply on her Q&A I was taken aback. So I sent an email explaining how for almost 10 years it's been that way for me. I also noted that during these 10 years I became aware of the mental/emotional component of the issue but was i emotionally so consistent during all that time to keep it at the same level?

Instead I got a reply from Mandy conveying Joey's "response" that there are no hard and fast rules and everybody is different and that I sound like somebody that has not started Rock Steady.
      Yeah, thanks for that Joey. May be I should book a $330 half hour session with you fist so you can repeat that in detail to me...
      Most of what she's saying makes sense to me, and it is ultimately neuro-plasticity that will change this condition, either externally by scientific methods or by some internal mechanisms.
      But still, the price-tag is ridiculous.

3. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      People like her will say whatever they can to protect themselves, validate their logic and continue to make more money. But she isn't actually basing her views on science. She will say whatever she can to lure desperate people into spending money on her "treatments". On an emotional level what she says makes sense and many people want to believe it but I think this post describes it pretty well:
      • Don't fall for the neuroplasticity hype -- it's promoted by charlatans who inflate its significance far beyond the fundamental utility of the concept into vast magical realms of nonsense that verge on the Secret, the 'Law' of Attraction, and the Power of Positive Thinking. (source)
      She would never admit to being wrong or not being able to help everyone since that would debunk her whole approach.

• Like Like x 1
    4. tommyd87

tommyd87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj music
      She seems to have some very questionable practices and some very interesting methods. I like how she has apparently said that there is not going to be a treatment for tinnitus for 20 years. Yeah this just sounds like another unjustified claim consequently which will support her own operations by making people think that her type of treatment is the only one available now. Interesting isn't it how she never wants to mention any alternative actual treatments that totally would put her out.

5. makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So this is an old thread but I thought I would revive since it’s 2 in the morning and I am still up.

When I was in the panic stage, I stumbled upon this course, and the price tag made my eyes water.

Luckily, when browsing the site I eagle-eyed the small print, and applied to her scholarship program. Ended up with the complete content of her course for free. The course was very good for my anxiety and panic.

Although I can’t say it changed the volume of my tinnitus, I am getting places with habituation, and still use some of the mindfulness techniques today. Obviously you have to have a low paying job/be on disability, or similar to qualify. I’m just putting this out there for anyone who may be interested in the program, but unable to afford it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. MelQld

MelQld Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @makeyourownluck, what did the program entail essentially? I was looking at signing up but cannot sign up with that price tag.

7. Stayinghopeful
      Procrastinating

Stayinghopeful Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened with COVID-19 / Anesthesia
      I’d rather slam my penis in a door than buy anything from that woman.

If you really want go down that path, then (to use her buzzwords) #nourish yourself to create a #safespace to #heal and watch Julian Cowan Hill’s videos on YouTube - at least they’re free.

I dream of a world where people don’t give hacks like Joey Remenyi money.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1