Share How Your Day Is Usually Like for You?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Filip, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Filip

Filip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud earbuds music/ear infection
      Ah, you know I'm just wondering how others do throughout the day with tinnitus or whatever challenging thing there is.

For starters my day usually starts with waking up with my dog rex's yapping for me came out and introduce my self.

Then I don't eat for certain time because of this tinnitus and kinda wait for my friend hit me up and go goof off.

I used to listen to my earbuds everyday but now after damaging my ears I avoid them and loud sounds but now I listen music through tv.

I usually go to sleep late eating and try get back into my eating and workout routine to hit my peak potential look because I'm 6 ft and 4 inch and got a lot of potential to look like a beast. Tinnitus is honestly hard when alone but when you got others it's less focused on. I usually go out sometimes and carry a 1 gallon jug around. Honestly became a little on the edge of not caring about certain social norms.

Hopefully this thread gets lot replies because usually in life I get passed by and not recognized.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      It takes most of my energy to endure my symptoms and mental illnesses.

I'll play video games, go for walks, chat online, watch streams, scribble drawings, drink tea, and take care of my gecko. But my symptoms make it impossible to enjoy much of this, and I do it more out of neurotic habit than anything else. When I start I usually find I'm not enjoying it because I'm miserable, so I'll stop, and then I'll be miserable while not doing anything.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      What symptoms other than t do you have?

• Like Like x 1
    4. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      Severe hyperacusis, vertigo, ear pain, headaches, facial symptoms (tension, pulsating, numbness, tingling, pain), right eyelid twitches, chronic forearm/hand/wrist pain, intense fatigue, the right side of my jaw scrapes and grinds against itself when I chew, anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsion, and probably some more minor symptoms I'm forgetting at the moment.

A new symptom I've been having recently is odd blurry/cloudy patches in my eyesight, usually at nighttime.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Filip

Filip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud earbuds music/ear infection

Ahh yea, I got that earache too whenever I sleep and lay on my ear it's annoying and I wake up frequently sleeping, but for your situation that's a lot going on :v mabye try some kind of adrenaline seeking activities like those base jumping , Bungee jumping, something crazy. You just need a mentor idk to mabye improve something. Get a job and blow it on strippers like Stephen Hawking?

6. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      For the last 6 months, it is full of suicidal thoughts. I'm trying to hang in there, but I know one day I will end this suffering.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I wake up when my wife goes to work. Then I go back to sleep and cuddle with one of our cats for an hour or two. Then if I'm motivated, I meditate for a little while and exercise before I go to work. Then I hack on stuff for 7-9 hours, and then I either hang out with my wife for a few hours, or go play quasi-competitive card games with friends. Then I bathe, read for a half hour, and go back to sleep and the process continues.

Sometimes this is easy and relatively enjoyable; sometimes I am mired in stress, anxiety and depression. Regardless, my schedule is pretty constant, and so is the 14.5khz whine in my head...

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      What format do you play?

9. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      My day is no different to what it would be if I didn't have tinnitus. Except for I don't listen to loud music.

• Like Like x 2
    10. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Wake up to loud tinnitus and sick with Menieres feeling totally shatterd with not much sleep.
      Get washed and ready for the day.
      House work and do what I can if my lungs are playing up and if to bad to get around or talk I have to rest and no choice about it.
      Work for just over an hour but struggle.
      Most days are really rough going with two blasting ears and breathing problems and Menieres and depression.
      Dosed up on lots of medication just to get through the day
      This is my life but I fight everyday to stay calm and make the most of what I can and my lovely family and friends
      Run a tinnitus support group with another lady and support two forums.
      Tinnitus Talk and the BTA daily and support people on the phone daily.
      I am a fighter and do as much as I can daily to make the most from each day and not going let my health ruin my life as it controls what I can do and ruins plans.
      I push daily to get through each day and never give in.
      I am medically now classed unfit to work but my hour job is with in the acceptance rules and allowed.
      ..lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    11. IreneO
      Procrastinating

IreneO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 (mild), 03/15 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma, then acoustic trauma, then more acoustic trauma
      This is a very interesting thread and it shows how bloody resilient we all have to be every day. You are all amazing. :beeranimation:

Now that I've more or less habituated, my own day is not too different from before I had T - maybe a bit more paranoia about loud noise and a bit more difficulty concentrating.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
    12. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      I am now 7 monthes with high pitched T from dawn to dusk. I getup in the morning shower, have breakfast and have finally got some normalcy back in my life and pretty much do the things I did befor the T. I can now go hours at a time not hearing my T keeping busy. Tonight going to dinner with friends and will enjoy myself. Still have a day once in awhile I feel annoyed but doing much much better with time.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    13. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I know just what you mean. I walked past someone doing some work on his lorry today. A loud hiss came from somewhere on the lorry. I practically ran away holding my ears shut. If someone who hasn't got saw me doing it they would've probably thought I wad mad.

14. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      What does that mean?

15. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Xbox, ps 4, pc?

16. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      Oh, I play retro consoles and PC, mostly.

i have an n64, ps2, NES, and a wii.

17. IreneO
      Procrastinating

IreneO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 (mild), 03/15 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma, then acoustic trauma, then more acoustic trauma
      @BobDigi Yep, that sounds familiar ... Just my luck to live in a city with big roadworks projects in progress :eek: If you look around when you're out, almost everyone has their phones clamped against their ears or their earphones in or something, so probably no-one even noticed you blocking your ears. :headphone:

18. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Lol. So true. The other day I went for a bike ride. I ended up at Gosport harbour. When I looked around, most people seemed to be doing something on there phones.

19. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      wake up ungodly early, lay with the dog try not to wake my wife, go to work, lurk here and be generally unproductive because im still overly stressed about this new condition, go home, cook dinner, walk the dog, and do my best to sleep.

on weekends add wine and HBO to the mix.

• Like Like x 1
    20. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Wake up and start to work (work from home). go out for a jog, have breakfast with my dad.
      take care of my dog, read comics, work on my art, work some more, go to a restaurant and have meetings with clients or others workmates, netflix and sleep

on weekends, i go out with friends to small reunions, parks, becycle etc..
      i love my life.

i just miss the adventures, i used to travel a lot, and watch bands live.
      i miss that.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    21. Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Get up, go to work. Come home, have dinner, TV/PS4/listen to music then bed pretty much!

Weekends go for some drinks with friends/cinema/relax whatever really.

• Like Like x 1
    22. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Get up as late as I can, stand in the shower until hot water runs out, go waking or play tennis for hours (backboard if I don't have a partner), get home, shower until hot water runs out, BBQ, eat a lot, drink a lot, another shower, go to bed. Same day everyday until winter, instead of tennis, it's ice skating outside. Not a exciting life like I once lived, but gets me through the day.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    23. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @glynis . You are a true inspiration to all of us all on this forum.You have your own health issues . But still find the time to help others. Amazing . Bless you.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    24. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Typical day: wake up and walk my NEW DOG! I love him so much, he's so cute. If hubby is awake first, he walks Howard and I get the coffee ready.

Then take care of work emails and scheduling, followed by 15 minutes of allowing myself to read whatever I want, then off to work. Once there, I typically busy all day and work 10 hours or so straight. Its tiring but keeps me distracted. I don't have an office and sit in a large room so there's not a lot of silence but not too much noise. Some days, my tinnitus really is bugging me and I listen to classical music very softly through headphones. But many day, I don't even notice my T.

When work is over, go to choral rehearsal or out for drinks and/or dinner with hubby or friends, or straight home and watch a little TV, play with the cats. Then a last walk for Howard and nitey nite for us all, me with my masking sound pillow. It's all good -- all though some days certainly are better than others. But that's life, isn't it, even if you don't have tinnitus.

Weekends, try to get some exercise, go to the theater, do my volunteer teaching, take Howard to the dog park. I have lots of atypical days, too, especially now that my mom lives here. But I don't let tinnitus ever ruin my day, even though its there, 24/7, always high-pitched and sometimes very loud.

As someone else on this thread said, I am very inspired by how resilient so many of you are. I learn a lot from you.

• Like Like x 3
    25. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      wake up around 9, morning shower and shave, have protein shake and multivit, get to work by ten by car. Have coffee and breakfast at work (have access to fridge and microwave) and work till about 12:30.
      Either i prep my food and heat it up at work or i go out and have a healthy take away meal (salad, asian,...).
      Work until 6, then head for the office gym when no one is around so i can play my music at low volumes and be careful with the weights (avoid loud clangs). Work out for about an hour and shower.
      Spend the evenings cooking for myself, have a wine or beer to relax, then see a movie, play some guitar, listen to music, read a book or play some ps4. Maybe call my dad or a buddy.
      Try to go on a date once in a while, but atm need my peace and quiet.

Repeat until the weekend:
      Maybe go see a museum, have coffee and chuckle at all the hipsters in the cafe and check out the ladies ;-)
      Do my chores, groceries, etc.
      Evening plans might be a quiet bar or restaurant, or a bottle of red wine and a nice meal at home.
      Alternatively, go visit my folks and work in their garden.

• Like Like x 1
    26. Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      That doesnt actually seem bad at all! Now if only the horrific t describe that you have would go!

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. OPlax
      Worried

OPlax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/28/98
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born
      Wake up at 7 every morning and worry about my tinnitus and TMJ and its "clicking" and "ringing" symptoms.

Eat and play video games and possibly hang out with a friend. I love to do stuff but tinnitus and TMJ are making it incredibly difficult to enjoy basic things.

Take a shower at night and go to sleep at 12 or 1

28. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      Wake up, standing half-awake in the bathroom and thinking about that my T is annoying. Get ready and off to work, sit in the office all day, usually having pretty good days since I work with awesome people that makes me laugh. Get my usual spike after lunch and I think about that the T is a bit louder. Shrug it off and forget about it soon enough again because.. work.
      Get home after 6pm and make dinner, watch some TV, play games until I need to go to bed. Lay down in bed with my phone for a while and fall asleep. T usually don't take too much of my time, even though I got a cold and the T is a bit louder and acting weird. I guess I had read so much about T during colds that I was mentally prepared for any changes.

29. Tim Hogan
      No Mood

Tim Hogan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/Flu (Minor) >>> Botched Acoustic Reflex Test (Severe)
      -Wake up

-Turn on PC

-Google "Tinnitus News"

- Sad man.jpg cos no cure

-Go back to bed and cry.

-Repeat.

30. Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      No job/ college?