Share Your Passions!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jebbis, May 19, 2021.

1. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      My entertainment system:

Sony 65" A09J OLED TV.

Onkyo TXRZ840 9.1.4 amp.

Kef Q750b front tower speakers.

Polk Audio C30 Center Channel.

Klipsch r41sa up firing Dolby Atmos speakers.

12" Klipsch subwoofer.

Kef Q150 rear surrounds.

Plan on adding 2 Polk Audio XT90 up firing Dolby Atmos speakers.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Rockman

Rockman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise, allergy
      What were you able to do to get back into shooting?

3. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 chiropractic treatment, 2 and 3 no cause
      Hey @UKBloke, how are your winter crops coming along? Did you also keep some of your summer plants inside this year?

I decided to try something new and got myself a growth light. At first, I only got two bulbs to use in my living-room but the pink light really messed with my vision / depth perception and made me feel dizzy whenever I had it on. So I did some research and got myself a solar powered growth light and moved my surviving plants in the basement. This growth light looks like an old movie reel. It is 5m long and you can unwind and spread it along your plant containers as needed.

I was a little sceptical in the beginning but have to say it has worked very well so far. I still get to harvest fresh tomatoes as well as a bunch of chilies and herbs, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I had a bit of bad luck with air drying my habanero chilies because they started to mold. At the moment I'm experimenting with just leaving them to dry on the plant and that seems to be working so far, at least with the yellow Thai ones.

DSCF8960.JPG DSCF8961.JPG DSCF8962.JPG DSCF8966.JPG DSCF8967.JPG DSCF8959.JPG

PS: The little coffee plant is still alive, too, @Stacken77. I don't think it has grown much but at least it kept all (well, most) of its leaves this year :)

DSCF8981.JPG

Attached Files:

• Good Question Good Question x 1