Should I Get an MRI?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Trish123, Jan 29, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Trish123

Trish123 Member

I had tinnitus for 6 yrs. 2 months ago I had a spike. The first month was terrible. Loud ringing and plugged up ears. I seem to have some good days and it's not as bad as the first month. The ENT doctor told me it could be ETD but he still wants me to get an MRI. I heard they are loud and I don't want to do more damage. I told him I'm getting better but for some reason he still wants me to get an MRI. What should I do?

2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      The loudness isn't a problem at all, when you wear plugs + protectors. I've had two MRIs for back issues though. You need both plugs AND protectors.

3. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      You will be fine with a MRI and use earplugs and their head set over the top.
      The MRI is important to rule out any inner ear problem and Acoustic Nuroma.
      ...lots of love glynis