Skin Care Talk

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Stina, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Hello :) I have a non-tinnitus related question for both men and women but I suppose this is smth that women might know more about. I recently went to my beautician for a facial treatment. I asked her about eye cream and she said that at my age (23) I should use it every day. Of course she did not mean an anti-aging cream but a regular one. She explained that the skin around the eye is a bit thinner than on the face so a regular face cream is not gonna work. She did not try to sell any certain creams but told to find smth I like myself which why she sounded trustworthy. However I think sometimes cosmeticians can overdo it a bit with facial care. I dont really have wrinkles or "crow's eyes", only some small lines that I see myself looking close into the mirror. The skin around my eyes isnt try as well. I would still like to know though how often you guys use eye cream and whether you think applying it every day is necessary:)

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Stina,

I've read that the skin under our eyes is thinner than anywhere else on the face, and that the skin stops producing natural oils in that area in one's teens. Therefore, to keep wrinkles from forming, it's a good idea to apply eye cream (not just facial moisturizer) to that area. I don't know if you need to apply the cream daily right now, but several times a week might be a good idea. Here's an article I found about it:
      http://michellephan.com/skincare-spotlight-eye-cream/

I'd like to hear other's opinions on this topic!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Thanks for the reply. The article was very informative. I actually apply an eye cream around 2 times a week, but maybe I really should use it every day. I also use eye drops a lot because I spend a lot of time in front of my computer studying and in long term it might create wrinkles. Actually I starting thinking about it when I noticed that my sister (26) has skin like paper under her eyes and quite strong wrinkles for her age. She is a cheerleader so she uses a lot of make-up when dancing, she sunbathes a lot and drinks little water so that also contributes However I would like to prevent getting that much wrinkles at 26 already.
      How do you take care of skin around your eyes, Karen (if that not a secret)?

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Well, I'm 67 years old, and I started using cream around the eyes in my 20's. However, it wasn't really eye cream. I have been wearing makeup under my eyes for many years, due to dark circles, so I thought it was important to start early.

Now, at my advance age, the wrinkles under my eyes aren't very bad! These days, I use under-eye moisturizer daily, but not eye cream, every day. It really seems to work.

• Helpful Helpful x 1