Sleep Deprivation — How to Mask High Pitched Electrical/Static Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by wagen, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Oabmarcus

Oabmarcus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/30/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress and years of using earbuds/headphones
      I guess your tinnitus is not as severe as some others. Like I said before, nature sounds are available in a sound machine, raining sounds, in particular, are good for high-frequency tinnitus. Even if your tinnitus is still heard above the raining sound, there is sufficient sound going on that will distract your main attention away from the tinnitus. I think that should be the key, try to train yourself to focus on something else less distressing and over time (and it can take a while) the tinnitus becomes less intrusive.

• Like Like x 1
    2. GeorgeLG
      Lonely

GeorgeLG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Leaf blower after yrs of rock guitar, constr & comp shooting
      I guess none of us can ever know what someone else’s tinnitus sounds like or how loud it is. We will only ever know what our brain has invented for us and how much it bothers us. Good luck getting some relief.

George

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Michael24

Michael24 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/20/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Azithromycin
      Which brand of Melatonin?

4. Jon R.

Jon R. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 & then again in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st tone 2001 ear plugs, 3 other tones 2021 Pfizer vaccine
      I can't cope with my tinnitus either, I have a hiss in both ears but on top of that a dog whistle that reacts to ANY noise. If I put the kettle on, as an example, it will scream louder in my ear. If I put a fan on it will hiss higher. If I put music on it just sounds flat and tissy. But then if I am in quiet it is also very loud along with my other rumbling tinnitus that needs a fan to mask. I am stuck.

5. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Should not make any difference. I have not taken it in over a year, but think it was the Walmart store brand, and it was a gummy.

6. CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      I have these mechanical noises too, you'll get used to them.