Slight Hiss on Good Ear When Triggered by Sound Sensitivity?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dij111, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Dij111
      Paranoid

Dij111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure(Fire Alarm, Headphone Usage)
      Hey guys,

Hope you're all doing well.

I was wondering if anyone here can tell me if they've experienced the same thing.
      People here who only have tinnitus on one ear, have you ever had it happen that when your good ear gets sensitive and full after a sound event, there is a lingering very slight hissing sound on that ear (feels kind of like a fizzing cola drink after you pour it)?

The tinnitus ear does not get spiked, and after a while when the ear calms down that hissing goes away, when I plug that ear there is no ringing sound.

Is it really just very very low tinnitus in that ear or is something else happening here?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Dij111,
      I would pop in have your ears checked but it could be well the start of your good ear developing tinnitus so I
      would make sure you use noise reduction plugs around extra loud sound and if you use headphones or ear phones make sure they are on the lowest setting and this will help to protect your ears as much as you can.....love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dij111
      Paranoid

Dij111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure(Fire Alarm, Headphone Usage)
      Yep seems like I am getting T in my good ear now, sorry for cussing but - these ******* screaming kids at the pool, I wore 20 db silicon ear plug protection during swimming but my ear inflated through their screaming.

No damage from normal sounds everyone in this forum says....