So Far So Good

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Cher69, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      When is a success story a success ? Well I think for each of us it is different - how we measure success. The biggest success would be to overcome T totally and it has gone - forever - but how can anyone ever be sure this is true - we all found ourselves with it - I sincerely hope for all of us it goes away - so success to me is living my life again, enjoying hobbies, sleeping (my biggest hurdle) being motivated at work and enjoying family life, my life and looking forward to my future.

So I consider myself now at this moment a success - my biggest concern sleep or lack of it - well I am now with help of meds to be fair (AD's) sleeping and feeling like I can hopefully not need them for much longer - I am back at work motivated and upbeat. I have time for my family and to help them with their problems and concerns and to have fun!!

My T is there - somewhere - but not everywhere !

I know it could become an issue again but I have the skills, knowledge and support to deal with it - I hope - but for now - I am 95% back to my pre T days - and I am happy !

So - I feel successful and hope others also join this thread and feel successful with their achievements in coping to bring hope and inspiration to others with T

Cher x

• Like x 11
      • Hug x 4
      • Winner x 3
      • Agree x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    2. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Cheers for you, Cher. I know you worked hard to get where you are today. I am so happy for you.

Me... I seem to be struggling again a bit. I just went on a camping trip and hoped, in the great outdoors, my T would be lost in the sound of the wind and the waves. Alas, not so. But, as you show, its important to remember that success always is right around the corner and can be defined in many ways. I hope to be right behind you soon.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Great outlook LadyDi......
      AWESOME!!!

4. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Cher69,
      Thank you for this. I'm finding longer and longer periods of time where I don't notice the T. I know it's there as you Said "somewhere, but not everywhere". I don't want to give it energy. In the short time that I've had T, I've already gotten back to the rythym of my life, my hobbies, my family. In the beginning I didn't think that I could still function. But, i can still be me. I'm grateful for any moment I'm not focused on the T. I know for me being here answering a question or helping someone new is a good thing, because the focus is outward not inward. We all should share those positives. It would give us all hope to someday be free of T, even for a moment.

• Like Like x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    5. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      cher 6,. so happy to hear that your doing well thanks for sharing much blessings to you ..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Sybs
      Inspired

Sybs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Mine is so loud today and am struggling but I know that I would feel better if I could change my attitude towards it and not let it get me so down. I have had it before and have managed to habituate so am hoping to do so again. Thanks for posting and God Bless x

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      I've had a loud day started early so I feel ya frustration @Sybs

Saturday morning no work today and flipping hell T starts to be an annoying little bugger !! Drowned it in coffee and early radio tunes eventually forgot about it - took my boy Dylan (spaniel) to vet suspicious broken front leg thank god it's only sprained ! So far so good annoying noise slightly pushed to to the background as I paid vet bill !!

Home again kids still in bed how do they do that sleep all night and sleep all morning woke the sleeping beauties up to grunts and 'oh it's so not fair' ......

Afternoon - listening to darling daughters music choice while she creates the next master piece as a budding artist ...... This ain't music !! Omg I've turned into my own mother !!!!

Cooking a lovely chicken tea - wine pass me wine ...... Dishwasher loaded oh and what was that noise I heard first thing ???? I forgot about you - annoying little bugger !!! Don't you dare come knocking on my door now I have 15 mins peace and quiet time - I have avoided you all day ..... It's now me time so 'T - do one "!

I am a success and my T is there but not everywhere.

• Like Like x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Cher,

So sorry about the bad tinnitus day --- but you have such a great attitude about it, you're definitely a success story in my book!!

Love your new photo, and the sassy new hairstyle!

Here's hoping for a quieter day for you tomorrow.

Hugs,
      Karen

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      hi char 69, It's people like you with good attitudes about there T that makes me know that everything will be ok even when we have a bad T day lol. you made me smile lol ,, have a wonderful night Cher... oh and nice hair cut....

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Loved your post, Cher. A day in the life with T.
      And wow, like the new pic! Although I miss seeing Dylan. ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Love this :) You are a success cher, someday hopefully we all would be :)

• Like Like x 1
    12. Riikka

Riikka Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2007
      That was a nice post to read Cher and good you are feeling better now! I feel once we have energy again to focus on other things in life, be it work, friends, hobbies, rather than thinking about the volume of the T, than we have already succeeded!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      So the one thing I've not done - until yesterday ...... is get back to my love of the GYM !

Yesterday - I joined a new local gym with fab facilities near to where I work - and Im soooooo excited I can't wait to get back on it - its my last hurdle and I've totally won this battle and I am back to where I was pre T !

I'm someone who enjoys a few indulgences and I believe we have to work hard to appreciate our pleasures - I love nice food, wine and chocolate so Im prepared to work to have these and keep fit and healthy.

Tomorrow I'm getting a personal program done and my work pals who already go to this gym have got me motivated to join them for early morning pre work - work outs !

This to me is my last hurdle (that and buying a new sports bra lol)

So its going to take a few weeks maybe months to build up my fitness again but I've taken the first step

Cher xx