So I Think the Pitch of My Tinnitus Just Changed :/

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mario martz, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Guys,
      So this past 5 months have been a rollercoaster, but mostly its been good :)
      my tinnitus is mild...
      there have been super lower quiet days. and days where for moments it went a way at list for a minutes.
      and some others where its is a little bit louder.

So...
      i just came back from the mall...
      went to a "quiet coffee" for a job meeting.
      was doing alright all of the sudden there was this key duplication kiosk near by....
      like a few meters away. and when they started duplicating a key, they started to make this high pitched awful noise for a few seconds, i dont think it was that loud... but still very bothering.
      i couldnt cover my ears right away since i was in the middle of a meeting.

right now im at home, and the tinnitus is more bothering, high pitched and louder.... i almost feel like a little pain...
      i hope this is not a permanent change :/

what you guys think?

2. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It will go away. It's probably just high b/c you're anxious about it. Every loud noise isn't going to do damage to your ears. You just have to try to relax.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Thank you Jkph17, the thing is that im not thaaat anxious, i actually noticed the increse when i putted on my earplugs, and because it mostly a hissing, and right now its just... weird i guess... i hope this just a temporary things, is just that im getting tired of taking care of my ears, every where i go hahaha

4. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I've been doing a bit better since I stopped wearing earplugs constantly. Loud bar, yeah. way home from the mall? not necessary unless you're blasting music.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Tom, i also believe the same, ear plugs are just for bars or loud places, but also is good to have them near, if a fire alarms goes off suddenly, i hope this thing that happend today didnt ruin my ears even more...